Your Role as a Driver
If you are an experienced commercial driver looking for your next driving job then look no further! Driving roles offer the opportunity to work independently and if you enjoy being on the road and helping keep businesses and the economy moving then this is a great career option! What's more HGV drivers, in particular, are in high demand across the UK. Did you know that 148 Billion Tonnes of Goods were moved in the UK by GB registered HGV's alone in 2017-2018? That equates to over 18.6 billion KM's Travelled!
Swanstaff recruit Drivers for a variety of jobs including:
- 3.5t Driver Jobs
- 7.5t Driver Jobs
- Class 1 Driver Jobs
- Class 2 Driver Jobs
- Fork Lift Truck Driver Jobs
- ADR Driving Jobs
- Drivers Mate Jobs
Duties of a Driver
- Drive safely and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations
- Route Planning for optimised delivery times
- Report any accidents or injuries to Supervisors immediately.
- Loading and Unloading of Goods
- Report any maintenance requirements
- Follow road regulations and abide by road traffic laws.
- Work with support teams to provide exceptional customer services and address customer concerns.
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork
- Provide special care in delivering fragile and hazardous products.
- Utilise handheld devices to record deliveries
Required Skills and Experience of a Driver
- Self Dependent and enjoy working alone
- Reliability and Honesty
- Planning skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Customer service skills
- Mechanical knowledge and an understanding of how the vehicle works/operates
Class 2 HGV Drivers
£11.80 Per Hour
Are you looking for a fulltime position as a Class 2 Driver within a with a well-established delivery company with great staff benefits? If yes, read on! Job Title: Class 2 HGV Drivers x 4 Location: Dartford Rate of Pay: £11.80 per hour plus holiday pay We urgently need 4 HGV Class 2/ Category C Drivers for temp to perm positions for our client based in Dartford. The work is based on Monday-Friday shifts and there may be the opportunity of weekend work as well once fulltime. You will be required to make 8-12 deliveries per day and you can expect to get paid for between 50-60 hours per week. Requirements: Class 2 Licence- held for a minimum of 1 year No more than 6 penalty endorsements points on licence Minimum age 23 (due to insurance restrictions) 1 years multi drop experience Willing to work long shifts Benefits whilst on 'temp to perm': Weekly pay by Bacs Holiday pay 'Refer A Friend' - earn cash rewards! Benefits once fulltime: £11.80 hourly rate £2.00 per day phone allowance £120 monthly bonus (based on correct paperwork, no accidents etc) If you are interested in these positions contact us immediately as we expect them to be very popular! Please contact Matt in our Swanley office to book your registration Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.