Your Role as a Driver
If you are an experienced commercial driver looking for your next driving job then look no further! Driving roles offer the opportunity to work independently and if you enjoy being on the road and helping keep businesses and the economy moving then this is a great career option! What's more HGV drivers, in particular, are in high demand across the UK. Did you know that 148 Billion Tonnes of Goods were moved in the UK by GB registered HGV's alone in 2017-2018? That equates to over 18.6 billion KM's Travelled!
Swanstaff recruit Drivers for a variety of jobs including:
- 3.5t Driver Jobs
- 7.5t Driver Jobs
- Class 1 Driver Jobs
- Class 2 Driver Jobs
- Fork Lift Truck Driver Jobs
- ADR Driving Jobs
- Drivers Mate Jobs
Duties of a Driver
- Drive safely and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations
- Route Planning for optimised delivery times
- Report any accidents or injuries to Supervisors immediately.
- Loading and Unloading of Goods
- Report any maintenance requirements
- Follow road regulations and abide by road traffic laws.
- Work with support teams to provide exceptional customer services and address customer concerns.
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork
- Provide special care in delivering fragile and hazardous products.
- Utilise handheld devices to record deliveries
Required Skills and Experience of a Driver
- Self Dependent and enjoy working alone
- Reliability and Honesty
- Planning skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Customer service skills
- Mechanical knowledge and an understanding of how the vehicle works/operates
Maidstone is a large town on the river Medway in mid-kent which is just 32 miles from London. There are over 7000 businesses in the town and a population of around 160,000 people. The town has excellent transport connectivity with Europe, lying just off the M20 motorway connecting it to Dover and the coast. With business overheads as much as 60% lower than London it is easy to see why many choose to locate their businesses here.
For people working and living in Maidstone the area offers a busy town centre with shopping, restaurants clubs and bars on your doorstep and two train stations. There are also great entertainment areas including a fantastic Leisure Centre and country park at Mote Park.