Your Role as a Driver
If you are an experienced commercial driver looking for your next driving job then look no further! Driving roles offer the opportunity to work independently and if you enjoy being on the road and helping keep businesses and the economy moving then this is a great career option! What's more HGV drivers, in particular, are in high demand across the UK. Did you know that 148 Billion Tonnes of Goods were moved in the UK by GB registered HGV's alone in 2017-2018? That equates to over 18.6 billion KM's Travelled!
Swanstaff recruit Drivers for a variety of jobs including:
- 3.5t Driver Jobs
- 7.5t Driver Jobs
- Class 1 Driver Jobs
- Class 2 Driver Jobs
- Fork Lift Truck Driver Jobs
- ADR Driving Jobs
- Drivers Mate Jobs
Duties of a Driver
- Drive safely and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations
- Route Planning for optimised delivery times
- Report any accidents or injuries to Supervisors immediately.
- Loading and Unloading of Goods
- Report any maintenance requirements
- Follow road regulations and abide by road traffic laws.
- Work with support teams to provide exceptional customer services and address customer concerns.
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork
- Provide special care in delivering fragile and hazardous products.
- Utilise handheld devices to record deliveries
Required Skills and Experience of a Driver
- Self Dependent and enjoy working alone
- Reliability and Honesty
- Planning skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Customer service skills
- Mechanical knowledge and an understanding of how the vehicle works/operates
Peterborough has a population of almost 200,000 people, 125,000 of which are of working age (16-64). There are 117,000 local jobs. Key sectors providing jobs include Health and Social work, Administration and Support Services and Wholesale and Retail trade.
The city centre has leisure amenities including cinema, the Queensgate shopping centre and also has it's own Gothic cathedral and museum. The area is also home to other attractions including Flag Fen Archaeology Park which features Bronze Age village and causeway remains Nene Park and Ferry Meadows recreation area.
To find out more about our Recruitment Agency in Peterborough click here.
3.5T and 7.5T Driver
£Competitive rates available
We are looking for experienced drivers with license's to cover 3.5T and 7.5T vehicles. If this is you then please get in touch as soon as possible. Job Title: 3.5T and 7.5T Driver Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire Rate of Pay: Competitive rates The Role of a Driver: You will be required to work within Company policies - ensuring all work is carried out safely and efficiently to the highest possible standards. You will be required to drive vehicles of 3.5T or 7.5T. Requirements of a Driver: Previous experience is essential, preferably 1 year minimum. Be able to work to the highest possible standards. Available immediately. Benefits: Weekly Pay. Refer a friend scheme. Temp of the Month scheme. Swanstaff Ambassador scheme. Opportunity for ongoing work. If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to email@example.com and call Emily on 01733 307640 for more information!