Your Role as a Driver
If you are an experienced commercial driver looking for your next driving job then look no further! Driving roles offer the opportunity to work independently and if you enjoy being on the road and helping keep businesses and the economy moving then this is a great career option! What's more HGV drivers, in particular, are in high demand across the UK. Did you know that 148 Billion Tonnes of Goods were moved in the UK by GB registered HGV's alone in 2017-2018? That equates to over 18.6 billion KM's Travelled!
Swanstaff recruit Drivers for a variety of jobs including:
- 3.5t Driver Jobs
- 7.5t Driver Jobs
- Class 1 Driver Jobs
- Class 2 Driver Jobs
- Fork Lift Truck Driver Jobs
- ADR Driving Jobs
- Drivers Mate Jobs
Duties of a Driver
- Drive safely and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations
- Route Planning for optimised delivery times
- Report any accidents or injuries to Supervisors immediately.
- Loading and Unloading of Goods
- Report any maintenance requirements
- Follow road regulations and abide by road traffic laws.
- Work with support teams to provide exceptional customer services and address customer concerns.
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork
- Provide special care in delivering fragile and hazardous products.
- Utilise handheld devices to record deliveries
Required Skills and Experience of a Driver
- Self Dependent and enjoy working alone
- Reliability and Honesty
- Planning skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Customer service skills
- Mechanical knowledge and an understanding of how the vehicle works/operates
Peterborough has a population of almost 200,000 people, 125,000 of which are of working age (16-64). There are 117,000 local jobs. Key sectors providing jobs include Health and Social work, Administration and Support Services and Wholesale and Retail trade.
The city centre has leisure amenities including cinema, the Queensgate shopping centre and also has it's own Gothic cathedral and museum. The area is also home to other attractions including Flag Fen Archaeology Park which features Bronze Age village and causeway remains Nene Park and Ferry Meadows recreation area.
To find out more about our Recruitment Agency in Peterborough click here.
£8.72 - 12 Per Hour
Swanstaff Recruitment are looking for Support Workers who are caring and kind natured. Whether you specialize within Elderly Care, Young Adults, Mental Health, we have the role for you. Our homes are always on the hunt for new Support Workers and Carers on a full time or part time basis. Job Title: Support Worker Location: Peterborough Rate of Pay: £8.72 - £12.00 per hour Requirements of a Support Worker: You must have a minimum of 6 months experience within the care industry You must be able to work on your own as well as in a team environment Being a driver is an advantage however not essential Benefits of working for Swanstaff: Weekly pay On going work Shifts that work around your availability 24/7 on going support If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Kirstie Sandford! Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.