Your Role as a Driver
If you are an experienced commercial driver looking for your next driving job then look no further! Driving roles offer the opportunity to work independently and if you enjoy being on the road and helping keep businesses and the economy moving then this is a great career option! What's more HGV drivers, in particular, are in high demand across the UK. Did you know that 148 Billion Tonnes of Goods were moved in the UK by GB registered HGV's alone in 2017-2018? That equates to over 18.6 billion KM's Travelled!
Swanstaff recruit Drivers for a variety of jobs including:
- 3.5t Driver Jobs
- 7.5t Driver Jobs
- Class 1 Driver Jobs
- Class 2 Driver Jobs
- Fork Lift Truck Driver Jobs
- ADR Driving Jobs
- Drivers Mate Jobs
Duties of a Driver
- Drive safely and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations
- Route Planning for optimised delivery times
- Report any accidents or injuries to Supervisors immediately.
- Loading and Unloading of Goods
- Report any maintenance requirements
- Follow road regulations and abide by road traffic laws.
- Work with support teams to provide exceptional customer services and address customer concerns.
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork
- Provide special care in delivering fragile and hazardous products.
- Utilise handheld devices to record deliveries
Required Skills and Experience of a Driver
- Self Dependent and enjoy working alone
- Reliability and Honesty
- Planning skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Customer service skills
- Mechanical knowledge and an understanding of how the vehicle works/operates
Suffolk is a quintessentially English County located in the East of England within the East Anglia region and has a total population of 758,600. Suffolk is very picturesque with a beautiful coastline, seaside & market towns and plenty of rolling countryside. The main towns in Suffolk are Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, Lowestoft and Sudbury and the county borders Essex, Cambridgeshire and Norfolk. Whilst feeling a world away from the hustle and bustle, the county is just 90 minutes drive to London and benefits from good direct rail links from the main towns.
The area is very rich in History from the Saxons, to the rebel Queen Bodicea who defeated the Romans, right up to the many expeditions of Settlers leaving for America.
The landscape and the Architectural beauty of the area has long inspired Artists to work and live in Suffolk including John Constable who painted most of his masterpieces along the River Stour.
When it comes to the local Economy, unemployment rates In Suffolk are below the national average at 3.7%, there are 4 key industries that makeup over 45% of the counties jobs - Wholesale & Retail Trade, Health & Social Care, Manufacturing and Admin & Support Services. The county is home to many Food & Beverage manufacturers including household names such as Branston Pickle, Greene King, Birds Eye and the Port of Felixstowe is the largest container port in the UK, dealing with 48% of the UK's containerised trade.
To find out about our recruiting team and jobs in Suffolk click here