Your Role as a Driver
If you are an experienced commercial driver looking for your next driving job then look no further! Driving roles offer the opportunity to work independently and if you enjoy being on the road and helping keep businesses and the economy moving then this is a great career option! What's more HGV drivers, in particular, are in high demand across the UK. Did you know that 148 Billion Tonnes of Goods were moved in the UK by GB registered HGV's alone in 2017-2018? That equates to over 18.6 billion KM's Travelled!
Swanstaff recruit Drivers for a variety of jobs including:
- 3.5t Driver Jobs
- 7.5t Driver Jobs
- Class 1 Driver Jobs
- Class 2 Driver Jobs
- Fork Lift Truck Driver Jobs
- ADR Driving Jobs
- Drivers Mate Jobs
Duties of a Driver
- Drive safely and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations
- Route Planning for optimised delivery times
- Report any accidents or injuries to Supervisors immediately.
- Loading and Unloading of Goods
- Report any maintenance requirements
- Follow road regulations and abide by road traffic laws.
- Work with support teams to provide exceptional customer services and address customer concerns.
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork
- Provide special care in delivering fragile and hazardous products.
- Utilise handheld devices to record deliveries
Required Skills and Experience of a Driver
- Self Dependent and enjoy working alone
- Reliability and Honesty
- Planning skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Customer service skills
- Mechanical knowledge and an understanding of how the vehicle works/operates
Swanley is a town based in North West Kent and sits close to the London Borough of Bexley and neighbouring areas of Dartford and Sevenoaks. Due to its proximity right next to the M25 and M20 motorways and being within easy reach of both London and the Coast, the area is popular with the freight and logistics industry.
The Town Centre is currently awaiting a regeneration project which will create 303 new homes and 4,318 square metres of commercial and retail space, Sevenoaks Council has also recently announced plans for a £17m investment for a new leisure centre in the town.
Class 1 and 2 Drivers
£13 - 18 Per Hour
We have a number of excellent temp opportunities available for HGV / LGV Class 1, Class 2 and Class 2 (with HIAB) Drivers to join our expanding haulage business. Job title:Class 1 and 2 Drivers Location:Swanley, Kent Rate of pay:£13.00 - £18.00 per hour The role of Class 1 and 2 Drivers: We are currently seeking Heavy Goods Vehicle HGV / Large Goods Vehicle LGV Drivers Class 1 / Class 2 / Class 2 with HIABDrivers to join our Monday to Sunday operation, delivering into merchants, building sites and various other customer locations. Start and finish times are dependent on planned deliveries for the day, but the general hours of work are between 45 and 55 hours per week. Days and nights available. The requirements of Class 1 and 2 Drivers: CAT C+E / CLASS 1 OR CAT C / CLASS 2 entitlement on licence; Valid Digital tacho & CPC Card; No more than 6 points on licence; HIAB licence desirable for Class 2 Driver, although not essential as training can be provided. 2 years’ experience is desirable, but not always essential. If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Dan Crocombe! Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
Class 1 HIAB Driver
£15 Per Hour
Swanstaff Recruitment are currently looking for an experienced Class 2 HIAB Driver in the Swanley area. Job title:Class 2 HIAB Driver Location:Swanley, Kent Rate of pay:£15.00 per hour plus holiday pay The role of a Class 2 HIAB Driver: We are looking for an experienced Class 2 HIAB Driver for our client based in Swanley. We need a Driver to start on 8th April 2021 for the forseeable future. This is NOT a builders merchants. You will be required to do 3-4 deliveries per day. These deliveries could be a combination of private and commercial addresses. The requirements of a Class 2 HIAB Driver: Valid HGV Class 2 / CAT C licence Digi Tachograph Full CPC Valid remote HIAB licence No more than 3 points on your licence If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Stella Hall!