Your Role as a Driver
If you are an experienced commercial driver looking for your next driving job then look no further! Driving roles offer the opportunity to work independently and if you enjoy being on the road and helping keep businesses and the economy moving then this is a great career option! What's more HGV drivers, in particular, are in high demand across the UK. Did you know that 148 Billion Tonnes of Goods were moved in the UK by GB registered HGV's alone in 2017-2018? That equates to over 18.6 billion KM's Travelled!
Swanstaff recruit Drivers for a variety of jobs including:
- 3.5t Driver Jobs
- 7.5t Driver Jobs
- Class 1 Driver Jobs
- Class 2 Driver Jobs
- Fork Lift Truck Driver Jobs
- ADR Driving Jobs
- Drivers Mate Jobs
Duties of a Driver
- Drive safely and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations
- Route Planning for optimised delivery times
- Report any accidents or injuries to Supervisors immediately.
- Loading and Unloading of Goods
- Report any maintenance requirements
- Follow road regulations and abide by road traffic laws.
- Work with support teams to provide exceptional customer services and address customer concerns.
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork
- Provide special care in delivering fragile and hazardous products.
- Utilise handheld devices to record deliveries
Required Skills and Experience of a Driver
- Self Dependent and enjoy working alone
- Reliability and Honesty
- Planning skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Customer service skills
- Mechanical knowledge and an understanding of how the vehicle works/operates
Swanley is a town based in North West Kent and sits close to the London Borough of Bexley and neighbouring areas of Dartford and Sevenoaks. Due to its proximity right next to the M25 and M20 motorways and being within easy reach of both London and the Coast, the area is popular with the freight and logistics industry.
The Town Centre is currently awaiting a regeneration project which will create 303 new homes and 4,318 square metres of commercial and retail space, Sevenoaks Council has also recently announced plans for a £17m investment for a new leisure centre in the town.
Class 2 Driver
£11 - 16 Per Hour
Swanstaff Recruitment are currently looking for experienced Class 2 Drivers for a number of our clients in Swanley. We are running multiple contracts ranging from general haulage, timber and palletized goods. We are in a position to offer drivers temporary work within multiple companies that I am dealing with, this will hopefully lead to full time hours on a weekly basis depending on candidate availability. Job Title:Class 2 Driver Location: Swanley Rate of Pay: £11.00 - £16.00 per hour The role of a Class 2 Driver: This ideal candidate for this role would have experience driving a Class 2 unit, be used to Manual Handling and be able to operate a tail lift and a pump truck. Candidates should also have experience when it comes to checking loads and straps and vehicle safety. Lastly, we expect all drivers to have a very good knowledge of tacho rules and regulations. In return we are able to offer successful candidates a pay rate of £11.00 to £12.50 per hour for PAYE workers and £14.00 to £16.00 per hour for LTD companies. The requirements of a Class 2 Driver: Daily vehicle checks Deliver goods to businesses and residential properties all over the South East region Collections if required Ensure all paperwork is completed on time and correct Keep tacho in line with current rules and regulations Valid Class 2 licence Valid CPC and Tacho card Benefits of working for Swanstaff: Regular work, Monday to Sunday. Weekly pay by BACS every Friday. Holiday pay Dedicated consultant available to you every day of the week. Pension accruals If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Matthew Way from our Swanley team! Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES