Your Role as a Driver
If you are an experienced commercial driver looking for your next driving job then look no further! Driving roles offer the opportunity to work independently and if you enjoy being on the road and helping keep businesses and the economy moving then this is a great career option! What's more HGV drivers, in particular, are in high demand across the UK. Did you know that 148 Billion Tonnes of Goods were moved in the UK by GB registered HGV's alone in 2017-2018? That equates to over 18.6 billion KM's Travelled!
Swanstaff recruit Drivers for a variety of jobs including:
- 3.5t Driver Jobs
- 7.5t Driver Jobs
- Class 1 Driver Jobs
- Class 2 Driver Jobs
- Fork Lift Truck Driver Jobs
- ADR Driving Jobs
- Drivers Mate Jobs
Duties of a Driver
- Drive safely and adhere to all Health and Safety regulations
- Route Planning for optimised delivery times
- Report any accidents or injuries to Supervisors immediately.
- Loading and Unloading of Goods
- Report any maintenance requirements
- Follow road regulations and abide by road traffic laws.
- Work with support teams to provide exceptional customer services and address customer concerns.
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork
- Provide special care in delivering fragile and hazardous products.
- Utilise handheld devices to record deliveries
Required Skills and Experience of a Driver
- Self Dependent and enjoy working alone
- Reliability and Honesty
- Planning skills
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Excellent road awareness and driving skills
- Customer service skills
- Mechanical knowledge and an understanding of how the vehicle works/operates
Swanley is a town based in North West Kent and sits close to the London Borough of Bexley and neighbouring areas of Dartford and Sevenoaks. Due to its proximity right next to the M25 and M20 motorways and being within easy reach of both London and the Coast, the area is popular with the freight and logistics industry.
The Town Centre is currently awaiting a regeneration project which will create 303 new homes and 4,318 square metres of commercial and retail space, Sevenoaks Council has also recently announced plans for a £17m investment for a new leisure centre in the town.
3.5 T Driver
£8.21 - 10 Per Hour
Are you an experienced 3.5T Driver? Swanstaff are currently looking for dedicated Drivers to be placed with our prestigious client who are based in the Swanley area! What are you waiting for? Apply now! Job Title: 3.5T Driver Location: Swanley Rate of Pay: £8.50-10.50 The Role of a 3.5T Driver: Transporting finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centres Inspecting vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance Planning routes and meeting delivery schedules Requirements of a 3.5T Driver: 6 months experience. A valid UK License. Flexible and reliable. Benefits of working for Swanstaff: Flexible working hours Free in-house training Weekly pay 'Temp of the month' & other recognition awards If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively send your updated CV to email@example.com and give us a call in branch on 01553 601222 for more information on this role! Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.