The role of a Mental Health Nurse
Mental health nurses provide support and nursing care to people with a range of mental health issues, you are responsible for planning their care and rehabilitation. You will work with a wider team of healthcare professionals including Doctors, Psychiatrists and Therapists to ensure a personal care plan is in place for your patients. You may work in a range of settings including hospitals, prisons, specialist units, day care centres or people's homes.
The duties of a Mental Health Nurse
- building relationships with, reassuring, listening and talking to patients
- care requirement assessments and planning
- combating stigma and helping patients and their families deal with it
- administering medication
- reviewing care plans and monitoring progress
- giving advice and arranging support for patients, relatives and carers
- liaising with doctors, social workers and other professionals
- writing and updating patient records
- encouraging patients to take part in therapeutic activities such as art and role play
Skills and experience required to be a Mental Health Nurse
- Good health and fitness
- The ability to empathise with people
- Good understanding of the theories of mental health and illness
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
What does Colchester have to offer?
£8.21 - 11 Per Hour
Due to increasing demand from our client in the Clacton area, we are looking to recruit additional cleaners with experience of working in care homes. DBS is essential. Job Title: Cleaner Location: Colchester Salary: £8.21ph-£11ph Swanstaff are looking for a cleaner to work in a care home on the outskirts of Colchester. General cleaning duties will be evolved in this position. Hours are 7:30am-2:30pm 3 - 4 days a week. DBS is essential due to working alongside vulnerable people. But why join our team? We couldn't achieve what we do without our amazing teams. We believe in our people and want to ensure you feel appreciated and supported at every step of your journey with us. For this reason, we offer an excellent range of benefits as listed below. Competitive pay rates FREE training 24 hour support Flexible hours Refer a Friend Scheme-get up to £200 for referring a carer or nurse to us The skills you'll need To join us, you will need a minimum of six months experience in a care environment - but more importantly, you will need flexibility, enthusiasm and the be able to work as part of a team To Apply If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in contact with Charlotte from our Colchester branch! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.