The role of a Mental Health Nurse
Mental health nurses provide support and nursing care to people with a range of mental health issues, you are responsible for planning their care and rehabilitation. You will work with a wider team of healthcare professionals including Doctors, Psychiatrists and Therapists to ensure a personal care plan is in place for your patients. You may work in a range of settings including hospitals, prisons, specialist units, day care centres or people's homes.
The duties of a Mental Health Nurse
- building relationships with, reassuring, listening and talking to patients
- care requirement assessments and planning
- combating stigma and helping patients and their families deal with it
- administering medication
- reviewing care plans and monitoring progress
- giving advice and arranging support for patients, relatives and carers
- liaising with doctors, social workers and other professionals
- writing and updating patient records
- encouraging patients to take part in therapeutic activities such as art and role play
Skills and experience required to be a Mental Health Nurse
- Good health and fitness
- The ability to empathise with people
- Good understanding of the theories of mental health and illness
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
Long known as Britain's Gateway to Europe, with over 70,000 registered businesses, Kent offers a great place to find work - with an unemployment rate of 2.4% - lower than the national average.
The county of Kent has a population of over 155 Million people, with towns including Dartford, Swanley, Maidstone, Sevenoaks, Ashford and Folkestone all having great transport links to London and the coast.
The county has a lot to offer it's residents and visitors, with miles of open countryside, quaint coastal towns and lifestyle destinations such as Bluewater Shopping Centre. You don't get a much better way to relax in your downtime than sitting in a Kentish pub garden with the sun shining down on you, enjoying the fresh countryside air that the garden of England offers.
£9.50 Per Annum
Are you looking for a new exciting role? Swanstaff Recruitment are working with a prestige client based in Swanley looking for multiple labourers. The main duties will intail: • General labouring • Keeping a high standard of maintenance of the site • Maintaning health and safety throughout the grounds Must have previous labouring experience. The shifts will start from 08:00am till 18:00pm - Monday to Friday. REQUIREMENTS : • You will need to be physically fit • Safety boots & High vis • Must be fully flexible • Must be committed to work in all weather conditions BENEFITS : • Holiday pay • Progession to learn • Excellent rates of pay