The role of a Mental Health Nurse
Mental health nurses provide support and nursing care to people with a range of mental health issues, you are responsible for planning their care and rehabilitation. You will work with a wider team of healthcare professionals including Doctors, Psychiatrists and Therapists to ensure a personal care plan is in place for your patients. You may work in a range of settings including hospitals, prisons, specialist units, day care centres or people's homes.
The duties of a Mental Health Nurse
- building relationships with, reassuring, listening and talking to patients
- care requirement assessments and planning
- combating stigma and helping patients and their families deal with it
- administering medication
- reviewing care plans and monitoring progress
- giving advice and arranging support for patients, relatives and carers
- liaising with doctors, social workers and other professionals
- writing and updating patient records
- encouraging patients to take part in therapeutic activities such as art and role play
Skills and experience required to be a Mental Health Nurse
- Good health and fitness
- The ability to empathise with people
- Good understanding of the theories of mental health and illness
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
Long known as Britain's Gateway to Europe, with over 70,000 registered businesses, Kent offers a great place to find work - with an unemployment rate of 2.4% - lower than the national average.
The county of Kent has a population of over 155 Million people, with towns including Dartford, Swanley, Maidstone, Sevenoaks, Ashford and Folkestone all having great transport links to London and the coast.
The county has a lot to offer it's residents and visitors, with miles of open countryside, quaint coastal towns and lifestyle destinations such as Bluewater Shopping Centre. You don't get a much better way to relax in your downtime than sitting in a Kentish pub garden with the sun shining down on you, enjoying the fresh countryside air that the garden of England offers.
£10.50 - 11.50 Per Hour
Swanstaff Swanley are looking for an experienced and reliable Chef in the Dartford area to work in a Healthcare environment, could it be you? Job title: Chef Location: Dartford, Kent Rate of pay: £10.50 - £11.50 per hour The role of a Chef: You will be required to cook to a fixed menu and follow all health and safety. The requirements of a Chef: An enhanced DBS Level 2 Food Hygiene Previous experience in a similar role If you’re interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Vicki from our Swanley team! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.