The role of a Mental Health Nurse
Mental health nurses provide support and nursing care to people with a range of mental health issues, you are responsible for planning their care and rehabilitation. You will work with a wider team of healthcare professionals including Doctors, Psychiatrists and Therapists to ensure a personal care plan is in place for your patients. You may work in a range of settings including hospitals, prisons, specialist units, day care centres or people's homes.
The duties of a Mental Health Nurse
- building relationships with, reassuring, listening and talking to patients
- care requirement assessments and planning
- combating stigma and helping patients and their families deal with it
- administering medication
- reviewing care plans and monitoring progress
- giving advice and arranging support for patients, relatives and carers
- liaising with doctors, social workers and other professionals
- writing and updating patient records
- encouraging patients to take part in therapeutic activities such as art and role play
Skills and experience required to be a Mental Health Nurse
- Good health and fitness
- The ability to empathise with people
- Good understanding of the theories of mental health and illness
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
Sevenoaks spans an area of 142 square miles in West Kent and borders Greater London, making it a prime area for businesses across a large number of sectors. Central London is just 21 miles away and Sevenoaks is well connected by both rail and road. As a rural district, the population sits at around 30,000.
Sevenoaks is an affluent area with an average house price of £663,431. This brings with it a highly skilled workforce, many of whom commute out of the area for work - however, there has been a rising number of local businesses which follows a regional trend of companies seeking lower operating costs, most prevalent are service-based industries, particularly in the finance and business services sector. The area has an unemployment rate of just 1%.
£20 - 25 Per Hour
Nurses! We are looking for you! We are currently on a mission to find the best Nurses in the Sevenoaks area to work for our prestigious client and their growing team! Job title: Nurse Location: Sevenoaks Rate of pay: £20.00 - £25.00 per hour The role of a Nurse: Assessing patient health Administering Care and Medication Maintain Patient Records Supervising and Training junior Nursing Staff The requirements of a Nurse: A minimum of 6 months experience in the Healthcare sector and this role. A valid DBS. A kind and caring nature. To apply: If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call the team on 01322 614900 for more information.