Your Role as a Support Worker
If you are looking to make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people then a Support Worker role could be an ideal career choice. By providing assistance to vulnerable adults and children you can promote independence and provide them with both practical help and emotional support. Being a Support Worker, particularly for an agency opens up a wide range of clients including adults and children with learning difficulties, physical disabilities, dementia patients and individuals who have sustained life-changing injuries. Support Worker jobs provide an opportunity to build a large skillset and supporting vulnerable people is also very rewarding.
Support Worker Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessing the needs of new clients by conducting interviews with individuals and their families.
- Reporting on assessments.
- Monitoring medical conditions.
- Aiding clients with daily tasks such as washing, dressing, eating and drinking and general mobility.
- Recreational activities with clients.
- Providing information and support to the families of those within your care.
- Maintaining medical records.
- Participating in training to further your knowledge.
- Providing companionship.
Required skills and experience of a Support Worker
- Empathetic, Friendly and Approachable
- Strong People Skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Patient and Calm nature
- Be able to relate to people from all kinds of backgrounds
- A good listener
- Mentally Strong and able to cope in sometimes distressing situations
Sevenoaks spans an area of 142 square miles in West Kent and borders Greater London, making it a prime area for businesses across a large number of sectors. Central London is just 21 miles away and Sevenoaks is well connected by both rail and road. As a rural district, the population sits at around 30,000.
Sevenoaks is an affluent area with an average house price of £663,431. This brings with it a highly skilled workforce, many of whom commute out of the area for work - however, there has been a rising number of local businesses which follows a regional trend of companies seeking lower operating costs, most prevalent are service-based industries, particularly in the finance and business services sector. The area has an unemployment rate of just 1%.
£8.21 Per Hour
Swanstaff Swanley are currently seeking 2 x cleaning staff for our client based in Sevenoaks . Our client is looking for cleaners to work day shifts Monday - Friday either 07.00-15.00 or 08.00-16.00. Job title: Cleaner Location: Sevenoaks, Kent Rate of pay: £8.21 per hour The role of a Cleaner: Cleaning residents bedrooms Cleaning bathrooms Cleaning communal areas around the care home Fulfilling domestic work to the best of your ability to ensure the care home is kept at a high standard Requirements of a cleaner: An enhanced DBS Valid UK driving licence Flexible availability Benefits of working for Swanstaff: Weekly pay Refer a Friend scheme Temp of the Month scheme Swanstaff Ambassador scheme 24/7 support from our consultants If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to email@example.com and call Stephanie on 01322 614900 for more information!