Your Role as a Support Worker
If you are looking to make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people then a Support Worker role could be an ideal career choice. By providing assistance to vulnerable adults and children you can promote independence and provide them with both practical help and emotional support. Being a Support Worker, particularly for an agency opens up a wide range of clients including adults and children with learning difficulties, physical disabilities, dementia patients and individuals who have sustained life-changing injuries. Support Worker jobs provide an opportunity to build a large skillset and supporting vulnerable people is also very rewarding.
Support Worker Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessing the needs of new clients by conducting interviews with individuals and their families.
- Reporting on assessments.
- Monitoring medical conditions.
- Aiding clients with daily tasks such as washing, dressing, eating and drinking and general mobility.
- Recreational activities with clients.
- Providing information and support to the families of those within your care.
- Maintaining medical records.
- Participating in training to further your knowledge.
- Providing companionship.
Required skills and experience of a Support Worker
- Empathetic, Friendly and Approachable
- Strong People Skills
- Excellent Communication skills
- Patient and Calm nature
- Be able to relate to people from all kinds of backgrounds
- A good listener
- Mentally Strong and able to cope in sometimes distressing situations
£8.72 - 11 Per Hour
Swanstaff Colchester are currently recruiting for an experienced and reliable Healthcare Assistant in the Sudbury area! Could it be you? Days and nights 8am-2pm, 2pm-8pm, 8am-8pm, 8pm-8am Job Title: Healthcare Assistant Location:Sudbury Rate of Pay: £8.72- £11.00per hour The daily duties of a Healthcare Assistant: Delivering personal care to each individual Building a good relationship with each individual candidate Assisting day to day with all tasks Promote a High standard of care Requirements of a Healthcare Assistant: Flexible hours Great communication skills DBS required 6 months experience within the last 3 years in a Healthcare role Experience in a role supporting similar needs is preferable Benefits of working for Swanstaff: Weekly pay Ongoing regular work 28 days Annual leave ‘Refer A Friend’ – earn CASH rewards when referring a friend to Swanstaff (T&C’s apply) 24/7 on call support If you’re interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Charlotte from our Colchester team! Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more! EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.