Job Title: HGV Class 2 Driver/7.5T Driver
Salary: £13.64per hour
HGV Class 2 Drivers!.... My client is currently looking for a recovery vehicle driver to join their expanding fleet based in Willesden.
What you will be doing:
To drive / operate arecovery fleet vehicle in a safe and responsible manner whilst maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law, company policies and procedures.
- Operate within speed limits and advice given in the Highway Code
- Use vehicle seat belts correctly
- Working safely when outside the vehicle
- Operating vehicles and associated equipment in line with licence, competenceand company requirements. Only using equipment in line with training and authorisation
- Drive within the tachograph law and driver hours limits where applicable.
- Carry out daily defect checking including tyre and wheel-nut checking with the aim of maintaining road worthiness.
- Maintaining fitness to drive, reporting to TM anything that adversely affects this
- Creating a good impression with internal / external customers by maintaining good appearance of self and vehicle.
- Being courteous to customers and operating efficiently on their premises.
- Wearing workwear / PPE provided, taking care of it and maintaining its cleanliness
- Completing documents carefully and accurately both paperwork and IT
- Ensuring that the collected ELV’s are safely loaded and secured.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the driving cab. No smoking in vehicles
- Ensure care is taken to minimise accidents. Report any accidents as soon as possible and in compliance with the company’s accident reporting procedure.
- Attend essential training in order to carry out the driver role.
- Demonstrating driver behaviour that optimises fuel efficiency
- Not to use mobile phones or similar equipment when in control of the vehicle
- Provide commercial / customer feed back when returning to base
- Maintain confidentiality of company data relating to movement of materials and customers.
- Appropriate licence to drive a 7.5t vehicle
- Experience with driving and operating a recovery vehicle would be advantageous
- Valid driver CPC
- Ability to carry out a vehicle defect check for the appropriate class of vehicle
- Understanding of tachograph rules and working time directive
- Ability to interpret written instructions,
- Ability to use smartphone / handheld computer
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.