Job Title: Asset Manager
Our award winning client have an excitingAsset Manager role.The role is full time and permanent and offers a competitive package.This is an exciting and unique opportunity.
Perform the function of Asset Manager on operational phase projects as agreed with their Line Manager.
- Take ownership of the delivery, client management and profitability of their projects.
- Provide technical expertise and professional advice on asset and defects management and asset replacement to support SAM service offering to its clients.
- Conduct detailed analysis of building assets and modelling of technical and financial lifecycle and defects data inputs which cover all building elements.
- Undertake building assessments as agreed with the Line Manager.
- Add value by proactively seeking opportunities which generate efficiencies for the client and company. This will be achieved by working within the SAM team and closely with other technical teams.
Surveying, Defects and Asset Management
- Assess and provide specific insight into defects, asset condition, performance and operational risk by undertaking non-intrusive inspections.
- Work with project teams to manage various defects and asset management functions.
- Develop a working knowledge of the SAM team's asset management software including data management and uploading processes.
- Manage client relationships at an operational level with project teams and FM Service Providers, including obtaining feedback and seeking improvement opportunities
Technical and Commercial
- Collating information from projects and the industry to develop and maintain up to date and robust defect, lifecycle and cost information.
EXPERIENCE and COMPETENCIES
- Good knowledge of asset and defects management principles.
- Ability to advise clients on lifecycle asset investment, replacement and management.
- Experience of utilising reporting tools.
- Experience of interpreting information and undertaking analysis of information from differing sources to formulate a conclusion.
- Experience of picking out key information and reporting it in a timely manner using appropriate means of communication.
- Understanding of condition, defects, lifecycle and whole-life costing principles.
- Experience or undertaking and/or working with defects surveys and related outputs.
- Experience of working in the built environment.
- Consulting experience.
- Experience with developing and managing robust defect registers and lifecycle cost plans.
- Building strong working relationships with other stakeholders whilst ensuring that the best interests of the projects are promoted and maintained.
- Experience with web based (database) software platforms.
- Experience of working on PFI schemes.
- Experience of working with and extracting lifecycle modelling data from a software program.
- Ability to act in an advisory role on defects management, lifecycle and whole life costing.
- Experience in carrying out lifecycle modelling.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Essential that the post holder has an academic qualification in a building, engineering, asset management, facilities management or related discipline to at least HND level or equivalent.
- The candidate should ideally hold/or be actively working towards a professional qualification in building surveying, quantity surveying or similar.
Successful applicants will receive benefits package, including generous pension scheme and a rewarding working environment.
Interested in this role? Apply online or get in touch withTom from our Dartford Perms Division.
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.