Looking for an Assistant Chef to work for a catering establishment which caters for tourists and activity groups. As second chef you will be required to assist with delivery of the catering service to all guests. This will include hands-on cooking, kitchen management tasks, deputising as appropriate, and assisting with the supervision of the catering team.
Job title: Assistant Chef
Location: Colchester, Essex
Rate of pay: £17,500 - £19,000 per annum
The daily duties of an Assistant Chef:
- Cooking and delivering of breakfasts and evening meals for up to 80 visitors, whilst ensuring the wide variety of dietary needs and tastes are met at all times.
- Ensuring all meals are produced in line with health and hygiene regulations.
- Accurately completing all monitoring and recording paperwork i.e. HACCP.
- Hours of work between 0600 - 1900
- Provision of light lunches or packed lunches for groups, as required.
- Preparation of home baked items for packed lunches, afternoon teas and supper.
- Washing up of utensils, crockery and cutlery as required.
- Assisting with sourcing suppliers, stock control, and placing orders.
- Ensuring that tea/coffee making areas for visitors are kept clean and stocked.
- Ensuring that catering equipment is appropriately maintained.
- Routine cleaning of the kitchen to ensure hygiene standards are met at all times.
- Participating in the cleaning, upkeep and decorating of the kitchen and dining area in off-peak times.
The requirements of an Assistant Chef:
- Previous experience in this role.
- Level 2 Food and Hygiene.
- Good work ethic.
How to apply:
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Penny on 01473 558443 for more information!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.