Buyer (Construction) - Romford - £35k - £45k
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Buyer within the residential construction industry to work within a fast growing, dynamic construction sub-contractor based in Essex. My client specialise in the new build and refurbishment industry working within the social housing and residential new build sector. My client predominantly work within interior projects with the above sectors carrying out projects such as dry lining, carpentry works and general fit out works.
The successful candidate will be responsible for purchasing materials, negotiating competitive prices, enlisting new suppliers as well as existing suppliers etc..
Job Title: Buyer - Construction
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
The role of a Buyer:
- Obtaining the most competitive prices from new and existing suppliers
- Work with both internal and external customers to maintain the balance between cost and site progress
- Ensure efficient supply relationships ensuring quality service
- Negotiation and agreeing suppliers contracts, ensuring technical and commercial terms are agreed
- Agree pricing, delivery and quality standards
- Qualify manufactures drawings and convey accordingly requirements to our suppliers
- Deal with queries quickly and efficiently
- Input all orders onto internal systems
- Ensure all invoices are authorised in line with procedure and passed to relevant departments
- Experience working in a similar role
- Experience within the construction industry
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good IT skills (Word and Excel)
- Confident and outgoing
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong Numeracy skills
- Confident telephone manner
My client is a small building contractor and have been trading since 2012 with an annual turnover between £6m - £7m. They have been carefully and strategically grown to provide a range of high-quality services to commercial and residential developers.
Due to the recent win of a number of contracts and a large order pipeline they are currently looking to grow their buying department.
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please give Marco a call on 07885975238 for more information!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.