Buyer M&E - Up to £32k - West London
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced M&E Buyer within the construction industry to work within a growing construction and refurbshment contractor. My client are a medium sized contractor with a workload that covers a wide range of sectors, including individual high-end residential properties, hotel construction/refurbishment, residential/mixed-use developments, educational facilities, commercial and corporate centres.
The successful candidate will be responsible for procuring specialist M&E materials, negotiating competitive prices, enlisting new suppliers, material take-offs etc..
Job Title: Buyer - M&E
Location: Brent - London
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000
Duties of a Buyer:
- Obtaining the most competitive prices from new and existing suppliers
- Providing prices for all materials included in project plans and drawings
- Material take-offs for bespoke products
- Work with both internal and external customers to maintain the balance between cost and site progress
- Identifying potential suppliers and new products
- Ensure efficient supply relationships ensuring quality service
- Agree pricing, delivery and quality standards
- Dealing effectively with challenges with suppliers and the flow of materials
- Input all orders onto internal systems
- Ensure all invoices are authorised in line with procedure and passed to relevant departments
- Experience working in a similar role - Construction
- M&E experience preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good IT skills (Word and Excel)
- Confident and outgoing
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Confident telephone manner
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please give Marco a call on 01322 479999 for more information!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.