Buyer - Up to £40,000 - Essex - New Build & Refurbishment
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Buyer within the construction industry to work within a growing construction and refurbshment contractor. My client specialise predominantly with drylining projects but also work within social housing refurbishments and new build projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for procuring materials, sub-sonctractors, negotiating competitive prices, enlisting new suppliers, material take-offs etc..
Job Title: Buyer - Construction
Location: Staines - Surrey
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
- Obtaining the most competitive prices from new and existing suppliers
- Material take-offs for bespoke products
- Work with both internal and external customers to maintain the balance between cost and site progress
- Ensure efficient supply relationships ensuring quality service
- Agree pricing, delivery and quality standards
- Deal with queries quickly and efficiently
- Input all orders onto internal systems
- Ensure all invoices are authorised in line with procedure and passed to relevant departments
- Experience working in a similar role
- Previous experience working within construction
- HNC in Building Studies
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good IT skills (Word and Excel)
- Confident and outgoing
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Confident telephone manner
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please give Marco a call on 01322 479999 for more information!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.