Are you a social worker, family support worker, or counsellor looking for extra work. Can you tailor support to meet the needs of the families. If yes Swan Family is looking for a CAFCASS sessional worker to help support our centres based in London and Coventry, we are an independent provider facilitating child-centered supervised and supported contact for children and family members. Our aim is to make sure children keep in touch with their parents and families in a safe, friendly and informal atmosphere.
We are looking for a CAFCASS sessional worker who share our values, as well as understanding the value of building strong collaborative relationships. You will be dedicated and focused on great practice that makes a real difference to the children and families we support.
- Observe and supervise contact between children, young persons and parents, including other family members.
- Risk managing and intervening as necessary to safeguard children.
- To follow safeguarding procedures of Swanstaff and its clients at all times.
- To report any safeguarding concerns promptly
- To attend supervision and training courses in relation to the tasks, as required.
- To provide high quality early safeguarding and child protection advice, assessments and analysis to the Court on the needs and best interests of children subject to or involved in Family Proceedings.
- To directly work with, or on behalf of children & families to achieve safe and positive outcomes for children, referring to other services where this will produce benefit.
- You need to be resilient and organised with the ability to work promptly with strong IT skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- To listen to each party's feelings and concerns.
- To suggest and discussing workable solutions.
- To help clients to consider all options.
- To maintain and develop relationships with Local Authorities, social workers, solicitors and other professionals and service users whilst ensuring contact demands are met.
- NVQ level 3 in children and young people workforce or related fields integral
- A current DBS for working with adults and children - we can assist you
- A driving licence and access to a car is desirable but not essential
- Experience working with CAFCASS
- Experience working with vulnerable children and families