We now have an amazing new job opportunity for CAFCASS Wales Co-ordinator position for Swan family, based in Cardiff. The successful candidate will have the chance to showcase and build on their presenting, coordinating, communication and decision-making skills whilst independently managing their desk effectively. – The successful candidate will have the opportunity to mediate and work closely with parents that are experiencing seperational conflict in regards to both parents spending time with their children.
CAFCASS looks after the interest of children involved in family proceedings. It is independent of the courts and social services, but works under the rules of the family court and legislation to work with children and their families, and then advise the courts on what is considered to be in the best interest of individual children.
- First point of contact for all CAFCASS referrals and queries.
- Co-ordinate all referrals to Swan Family – ensure referrals are accepted within agreed timescales
- Arrange initial meetings with both parents either separately or together to discuss historical conflict and support children with time with both parents.
- Allocate the cases to contact workers once initial meetings have taken place
- Arrange and conduct final meetings to complete parenting plans and support families to plan for the future.
- Keep track of referral deadlines and ensuring reports are generated by its deadline
- Liaise with family court advisors and senior service managers about the status of referrals.
- Advanced organisation and coordination skills
- Intermediate/advanced computer skill i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook
- Great communication / telephone manners
- Presenting experience
- Counselling/mediation background or qualification
- Children & families or CAFCASS experience (Desired)