Job Title: Children’s Contact Centre Deputy Manager (Maternity Cover)
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 D.O.E
Start Date: ASAP
The role of a Children’s Contact Centre Deputy Manager is to support the Centre Manager in all areas of the running of the service and management of Contact Centre Supervisors for the Lambeth Children’s and Families Contact Centre. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- To manage the daily workload of the Supervised Contact division, matching workers to contacts.
- To maintain and develop relationships with Local Authorities, social workers and service users whilst ensuring contact demands are met.
- Ensuring timely flow of information between Swanstaff, its clients and workers.
- To conduct Safeguarding (Warner) interviews with candidates where required.
- To check the content of reports submitted by Supervised Contact Worker, addressing any issues identified by these reports to the relevant channels. Liaising with service staff to improve the quality of reports where required.
- To write and deliver safeguarding training sessions for service staff as required, upon request of the Centre Manager.
- To resolve daily operational problems and queries efficiently and effectively.
- To promote a professional service at all times
- To follow Swanstaff policies and procedures for the service.
- To provide feedback and reporting to the Centre Manager on a regular basis.
The role of a Deputy Manager is varied, on occasions challenging and very rewarding.
- Qualification or degree in children and families or a related field is integral
- A current DBS for working with adults and children
- Current driving licence and access to a car with business insurance
- Afternoon, evening and weekend availability
- An understanding of child protection and safeguarding
- Experience working with children and families
- Experience in supervised contact between children and families
- Have a detailed knowledge and understanding of child development
- Be able to understand if a situation is escalating and will be able to step in to effectively safeguard the child or young person
- Has extensive experience in report writing
- Excellent IT skills, efficient in Microsoft packages
- Great telephone manner
- Great eye for detail, able to prioritise tasks
Swanstaff Recruitment proudly manage the Family & Children’s Contact Centre’s, on behalf of Cardiff City Council, Coventry City Council, Lambeth Borough Council, Liverpool City Council and Central Bedfordshire Council.
Our core values reflect how passionate we are about what we do and are at the centre of how we operate as a Company.
- Believe that nothing is impossible
- Treat all with respect
- Exceed expectation
- Create opportunities
If you share our passion for people, please contact us today.
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.