Job Title: Children's and Families Contact Supervisor
Salary: £8.21 - £10 per hour*
The role of a Family/Children's Contact Supervisor is to unobtrusively observe contact between children who have been removed from their parents care and their parents or other family members during their arranged visits at our Cardiff centres.
Your obligation is to ensure that all contact is safe, positive and fun for the child. Most of these contact sessions are held at our beautifully decorated and child friendly contact centres, occasionally they may be conducted in communal or family homes.
This role has flexible working hours and is perfect for those looking for flexible work to fit around other commitments.
As a Family/Children's Contact Supervisor you act as a chaperone for the duration of the pre-arranged contact session between a child and their family member.
You will be required to compose a report on all visits attended including observations made, these reports are provided to the Local Authority and may be used for the Local Authority's parenting assessment. You are also required to escalate any concerns to Contact Centre management.
You may also be asked to collect the child and transport them to our contact centre and return them home again at the end of the contact session.
This position is varied, on occasions challenging and very, very rewarding.
Swan Family are passionate about providing the best possible experience for contact users and provide all Family/Children Contact Supervisors with on-job training and three paid shadow shifts.
This position can also lead to career development and promotional opportunities.
· NVQ Level 3 in children and families or a related field is integral
· A current DBS for working with adults and children
· Current driving licence and access to a car
· Afternoon, evening and weekend availability
· An understanding of child protection and safeguarding
· Experience working with children and families
A Contact Supervisor will;
· Have a detailed knowledge and understanding of child development
· Be able to understand if a situation is escalating and will be able to step in to effectively safeguard the child or young person
· Be able to work with challenging and difficult families and have an ability to put people at ease
· Be able to analyse and deal with the behaviours of the families they are working with
· Be able to verbally present a case in court if required
· Be able to use different approaches to meet the diverse needs of families who will access the service
· A non-judgemental attitude
· A desire to work with vulnerable children and families
· Good writing skills
· Be flexible
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
*The hourly rate Monday - Friday is £8.21 per hour. The hourly rate Saturday - Sunday is £10.00 per hour.