Job Title: Children’s Contact Centre Co-Ordinator
Job Type: Full-time,to include weekends
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000 D.O.E
The role of a Children’s Contact Centre Co-Ordinator is to help divorcing or seperating couples agree on arrangements for their children and to be an impartial third party helping clients discuss issues constructively.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- To attend meetings with clients jointly or separately, to explain the Improving Children and Family Arrangement (ICFA) process and identify issues.
- To hold further meetings jointly or together
- To listen to each party's feelings and concerns.
- To suggest and discussing workable solutions.
- To help clients to consider all options.
- To keep discussions fair, equal and focused.
- To keep accurate and confidential records of discussions.
- To summarise agreements in writing.
- To support the children with the re-establishing relationships with non-resident parent
- To listen to the views and wishes of the child.
- To allocate the contact sessions to a contact worker ensuring continuity throughout.
- To promote a professional service at all times
- To follow Swanstaff policies and procedures for the service.
- To provide feedback and reporting to the Centre Manager on a regular basis.
The role of a co-ordinator is varied, on occasions challenging and very rewarding.
- A level 3 Qualification as a minimum in children and families
- Recognised counselling/mediation qualification
- A current DBS for working with adults and children
- Current driving licence and access to a car with business insurance
- week and weekend availability
- An understanding of child protection and safeguarding
- Experience working with children and families
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- The ability to deal with people who may be upset, vulnerable, angry ir distressed
- Excellent IT skills, efficient in Microsoft packages
- Great telephone manner
- Great eye for detail, able to prioritise tasks
Swanstaff Recruitment proudly manage the Family & Children’s Contact Centre’s, on behalf of Cardiff City Council, Coventry City Council, Croydon Council, Lambeth Borough Council, Liverpool City Council, Hackney Council and Central Bedfordshire Council.
Our core values reflect how passionate we are about what we do and are at the centre of how we operate as a Company.
- Believe that nothing is impossible
- Treat all with respect
- Exceed expectation
- Create opportunities
If you share our passion for people, please contact us today.
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.