Swanstaff Recruitment Ltd are currently recruiting a compassionate, caring and motivated Children Support Worker for the Peterborough and other surrounding Cambridgeshire areas.
It is essential to hold at least 6 months Support Worker experience.
Job Title: Children Support Worker
Location: Peterborough and other surrounding Cambridgeshire areas
Rate of Pay: £8.72 - £9.00 per hour
The role of a Children Support Worker:
- The role of Support Worker is to support our residents with their everyday needs ensuring emotional, and social needs are met.
- Promoting independence, choice and dignity and assisting where needed with all personal care activities such as washing, bathing, dressing and meal times.
- You will be part of daily recreational social activities within groups and one to one.
- Accurate and maintenance of record keeping is essential to ensure the correct care delivery is being delivered.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Adhere to all Privacy and Confidentiality Policies and Procedures.
- Keep your Training current and up to date at all times.
- Follow, and adhere to all current Nursing/Mental Health Guidelines.
The requirements of a Children Support Worker:
- Previous 6 months experience of care and support is essential.
- Someone who is kind, compassionate, motivated and caring in nature, who is passionate about helping, and working with people is essential.
- The ability to support our clients with Mental Health varying needs, Autism, Learning Disabilities, Physical Disabilities and behaviours that can become challenged.
- Excellent communication skills, and a strong command of the English language
- Is able to work on their own initiative, but also in a team environment.
- Current Up To Date DBS (On the Update Service - Preferred) You will be required to apply, and pay for your own Enhanced DBS prior to beginning work with us, (We can help you to complete the forms online at registration.
Benefits if working for Swanstaff:
- Flexible shifts/hours are available, willing to work shift patterns that include Days, Nights, Waking/Sleep Nights, and Weekends- work as much or as little as you like.
- Competitive salary
- Competitive Annual Leave allowance
- All training provided online, opportunity to gain qualifications relevant to your role
- Very understanding, knowledgeable and supportive Senior Staff
- On-call telephone line for all staff.
- Uniform provided.
- Refer a friend scheme.
How to apply:
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Jade from our Peterborough branch!