Swanstaff have a fantastic opportunity for candidates who are looking for full time Driving work in the Wisbech area!
Swanstaff are pleased to be recruiting for a Class 1 driver in Wisbech. This is an extremely rare opportunity to work with a leading supplier to the horticultural and agricultural industry. Our client has a strong retention of staff within all of their sites.
Job Title: Class 1 Wagon and Drag driver
Location: Wisbech, Cambridgshire
Rate of Pay: £23,100 plus overtime
The Responsibilities of a Wagon and Drag Driver:
The successful applicant will report to the Depot Supervisor and will be responsible for delivering chemicals for farmland across the region and for internal transfers of stock.
Working within the agricultural calendar, peak time is between the middle of March and beginning of September.
Your working week will consist of:
- 3 days a week delivering to farms across the region (0800-1700)
- 2 days working the internal transfer route using Wagon and Drag. (0400-1700 - including 4 hours overtime).
- Saturday and Bank Holidays will also be available for overtime during the summer
- You will predominantly drive a Class 2 vehicle when delivering to farms
- A supplement of £10 a day will be paid as a trailer bonus
- Loading and unloading your own vehicle where required.
This does not mean that you will be quiet during off peak times but your focus will include training, transfer and turnover of stock and planning for next season.
Requirements of a Wagon and Drag Driver:
- Minimum 2 years C+E on your licence
- Counterbalance forklift licence and experience would be beneficial
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills due to working with chemicals
- Must be physically fit due to loading and unloading vehicles.
- ADR advantageous but full training will be given to the right candidate
In return you will receive:
- Family owned and run business that has been running for over 70 years
- Regular hours working Monday to Friday
- Permanent position
- Uniform provided
- Immediate start available
- Shut down over Christmas and New Year
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Kath on 01733 307640 for more information!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.