Swanstaff Recruitment is looking for a Clerk of Works to join our incredible client in the Kings Lynn area! Could it be you?
Job Title: Clerk Of Works
Location: Kings Lynn
Rate of Pay: £30.00 - £35.00 per hour
The Role & Requirements
Aclerk of worksoversees the quality and safety ofworkon a construction site, making sure that building plans and specifications are being followed correctly.
- Act as the key liaison between the design team and the Contractor's construction and project management teams
- Ensure information for each project as submitted by the Contractor is reviewed and checked against design and tender documentation, Health & Safety requirements and specific building requirements. Highlight potential specification design issues for comments before they affect construction and programme.
- Vet and agree/reject contractor-design (Contractor's Proposals) - in conjunction with company PM
- Providing challenge and scrutiny to the contractor
- Highlighting key risks and issues, including technical or Regulatory non-compliance, should this occur
- Undertake appraisals of all contractor works to identify Key construction issues / risks
- Review contractor RAMS and manage contractor reviews to get documentation up to company H&S standards
- Organise all site visits of contractors and liaise with site management including
- Conduct site inductions for all contractor staff.
- Make at least weekly visits to the projects in contract, attending the site meetings and advising of difficulties being encountered or likely to be encountered.
- Ensure that materials, construction standards and site practices are satisfactory
- Review progress against project schedule
- Review technical construction against design documentation
- Checks for component clashes
- Prepare Health and Safety reports
- Record and report outcomes
- Manage and witness all pre/post project Measurement & Verification measurements and sign off as appropriate against the agreed the M&V Plan for each Project
- Pre-fill M&V sheets for all projects and issue to contractors
- Discuss M&V requirements with each new contractor at site in conjunction with the company design team
- Review measurement methods of contractors against pre-filled M&V sheets
- Review completed M&V sheets by contractors and manage revisions with contractor if needed
- Make recommendations both orally and in writing about any aspect of the works including quality which do not conform with the plans, specifications or schedules of works and other documentation that might be unsatisfactory for any other reasons of designs, work or cost. Refer recommendations to the Project Manager for a decision on further instruction.
- Continuously monitor work on site in accordance with the Contractors Method Statements and the Construction Health and Safety Plan, and endeavour to ensure the safety of all persons affected by the works.
- Promptly report breaches to contractors and consultants and resolve issues as required.
- Working in conjunction with the contractor maintain, issue weekly progress reports for all visits, including amendments, labour force, quality, Health and Safety, test results.
- Attend weekly and monthly progress review meetings with client (this may be via teleconference or face to face to suit specific circumstances)
- Attend pre-contract meetings. Check that progress is maintained according to the programme and advise on any likely cause for delay to the design team.
- Prepare and attend snagging inspections and advise the design team and manage snagging to attain Certificate of Practical Completion from client.
Requirements of a Clerk of Works:
- Previous experience in this or a similar role.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Available immediately.
Benefits of working for Swanstaff:
- Accrued Holidays.
- Pension Scheme.
- Good Hours.
- Good pay.
- Working for a Well Established global company.
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to email@example.com and call Adele or Jack on 02553 601222 for more information!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.