Job Title: Commercial Manager
Our award winning client have an exciting Commercial Manager role.The role is full time and permanent and offers a competitive package.This is an exciting and unique opportunity.
The provision of commercial support to the Capital Hospitals Project. Specifically, to focus on the management and delivery of variations, management of the monthly invoice validation and approval processes and ensuring compliance with contractual obligations.
- Manage the contract variations processes including updating the commercial tracker to ensure inputs to the financial model are provided to the Financial Modeller on a timely basis.;
- Responsibility for the monthly management of invoice validation and recharge processes in accordance with the agreed finance timetable;
- Provide commercial support to the CHL management team seeking to minimise risk/liabilities;
- Support the Commercial Director in the facilitation of best practice in benchmarking and market testing services;
- Providing guidance on commercial matters including support on matters of contractual dispute;
- Liaise with the Project Team to ensure shared knowledge and best practice, so that adequate policies and procedures are in place, to ensure that the contractual and commercial obligations of the subcontractors are met..
EXPERIENCE and COMPETENCIES
- Proven experience working on complex PFIs or infrastructure projects.
- Good understanding of the funding and contractual structure of PFI projects
- Successfully managing relationships with stakeholders such as Project Company Boards, funders/lenders, sub-contractors and the public sector clients at a senior level
- Management of performance monitoring regimes both Hard and Soft FM
- Working with detailed contractual/statutory/legal documents and ensuring compliance
- Provision of advice and guidance to other parties on key risk management matters
- Experience of implementing processes to ensure compliance with rights and obligations
- Ability to interpret information and to undertake complex analysis of information from differing sources to formulate a cohesive risk assessment in a timely manner
- Ability to effectively manage potential and actual disputes to minimise risk
- Demonstrated leadership and effective team management experience, both for direct report teams and in an interagency setting
- Demonstrated commitment to professional and personal development ensuring up to date continuous knowledge of legislative and statutory changes
- Extensive experience in the PFI Industry with specific knowledge of the healthcare sector.
- Familiarity with PFI standard form contracts and specifically payment mechanisms.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proven ability to work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders on a major project (including finance, design, construction and service provision).
- To be able to act at a senior level with all stakeholders (including lawyers, financiers, investors).
- Experience of the commercial and legal structures of PFI, an understanding of the business proposition, risk management and funding issues on major commercially complex projects.
- Experience in leading and co-ordinating multi-disciplinary teams
- Desirable to have a broad knowledge of the key success/failure factors related to the specific sector or project. Additional relevant experience may include facilities management/lifecycle.
- Desirable to be able to demonstrate a strong sense of corporate social responsibility, balancing the interests of stakeholders.
- University degree or equivalent
- Professional qualification in relevant field
Successful applicants will receive benefits package, including generous pension scheme and a rewarding working environment.
Interested in this role? Apply online or get in touch withTom from our Dartford Perms Division.
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.