Job Title: Commercial Manager
Location:The role would be site based - Healthcare Support Newcastle Ltd. initially but will involve travel to different locations around the UK.
Our award winning client have an exciting Commercial Manager role.The role is full time and permanent and offers a competitive package.This is an exciting and unique opportunity.
The provision and management of the commercial support to the project. Specifically, to focus on commercial issues and services in accordance with the contractual obligations. This will include providing support to the operational team on disputes and possibly managing service provider replacement.
- Provide commercial support, oversight, management and advice to the Board and Management Team to minimise risk/liabilities;
- Provide commercial advice and support to the operational project specifically to deal with matters of contractual dispute;
- Take the management lead on all commercial matters, responses and proposals for and on behalf of the General Manager;
- Liaise with General Manager to ensure shared knowledge and best practice, so that adequate policies and procedures are in place, to ensure that the contractual and commercial obligations of the subcontractors/suppliers are met.
- Undertake other duties as requested by the Director of Technical Services or Directors as is reasonable and in accordance with delivery of contract requirements.
EXPERIENCE and COMPETENCIES
- Proven experience working on complex PFIs or infrastructure projects.
- Good understanding of the funding and contractual structure of PFI projects
- Successfully managing relationships with stakeholders such as Project Company Boards, funders/lenders, sub-contractors and the public sector clients at a senior level
- Management of performance monitoring regimes both Hard and Soft FM
- Working with detailed contractual/statutory/legal documents and ensuring compliance
- Provision of advice and guidance to other parties on key risk management matters
- Experience of implementing processes to ensure compliance with rights and obligations
- Ability to interpret information and to undertake complex analysis of information from differing sources to formulate a cohesive risk assessment in a timely manner
- Ability to effectively manage potential and actual disputes to minimise risk
- Demonstrated leadership and effective team management experience, both for direct report teams and in an interagency setting
- Demonstrated commitment to professional and personal development ensuring up to date continuous knowledge of legislative and statutory changes
- Extensive experience in the PFI Industry with specific knowledge of the healthcare sector.
- Familiarity with PFI standard form contracts and specifically payment mechanisms.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Must have played a senior role in implementing commercial strategy and managing commercial processes on an infrastructure project.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of stakeholders on a major project (including finance, design, construction and service provision).
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to act at a senior level with all stakeholders (including lawyers, financiers, investors).
- Experience of the commercial and legal structures of PFI, an understanding of the business proposition, risk management and funding issues on major commercially complex projects.
- Experience in leading and co-ordinating multi-disciplinary teams
- Desirable to be able to demonstrate a strong sense of corporate social responsibility, balancing the interests of stakeholders.
- Desirable character traits are resilient, tenacious and analytical.
- University degree or equivalent
- Professional qualification in relevant field
Successful applicants will receive benefits package, including generous pension scheme and a rewarding working environment.
Interested in this role? Apply online or get in touch withTom from our Dartford Perms Division.
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.