We have a fantastic opportunity to join the growing team atSwan Family,as a dedicated and passionate Contact Centre Manager for our CardiffCentre.
We are an independent provider facilitating child-centredsupervised and supported contact for children and family members in the UK. We work with many local authorities to deliver this service and have experience in supporting families through this process.Our aim is to enable children to keep in touch with their parents and families in a safe, friendly, and informal atmosphere.
This is a full-time permanent position, working 9am - 6pm Monday to Friday, offering £26,000 - £28,000 DOE.
- To manage the complete co-ordination of supervised contact and staff within the Bedford Children & Family Contact Centre.
- To manage all centre staff effectively with regards to staff punctuality, productivity, report return times, supervisions, and appraisals, managing holiday rotas etc.
- To oversee the daily workload of the Contact Centre, matching workers to contacts and ensuring all work is covered and new requests are accommodated.
- To maintain and develop relationships with Local Authorities, social workers, solicitors and other professionals and service users whilst ensuring contact demands are met.
- To ensure the centre is a safe and inviting environment to work and visit.
- Ensuring timely flow of information between Swanstaff departments, its’ clients, service users and workers.
- To participate in recruitment drives, initiatives, and interviews to develop the team as and when required
- To conduct Safeguarding (Warner) interviews with candidates where required.
- To deliver induction and ongoing training to staff.
- To ensure the content of reports submitted by Supervised Contact Workers, is quality assured addressing any issues identified by these report and liaising with staff to improve the quality of reports where required.
- To follow Swanstaff and NACCC policies and procedures for the service; including but not limited to safeguarding and child protection, confidentiality and Health and Safety.
- To provide feedback and reporting to the Divisional Manager and Local Authorities on a regular basis.
- A professional qualification in social work or related field, minimum NVQ level 3
- Knowledge of child development and knowledge of theories and practice relating to social work with children and families
- Knowledge of current UK legislation relating to children and families.
- Knowledge of child abuse, its manifestations, causes and consequences
- Knowledge of child protection practice and procedure
- Experience in managing teams
- Experience of work with children and families
- Experience of supervised contact between children and families
- Extensive experience in report writing and preparing documentation for court
- Ongoing training and support; including a clear career development pathway
- 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) *
- Private Dental care
- Money back on Eye care and Prescriptions
- Pension scheme
*20 days holiday when you commence employment, after the successful completion of your probation you will be given an extra 5 days holiday. After 2 years’ service holiday increases to 28 days plus bank holidays.