Our client is a forward thinking, busy and fast growing supplier in their industry. This position is based in their open planned office in Belvedere.
They require a proactive and experienced person to join our accounts department in the credit control and sales ledger function.The candidate must be able to work well under pressure and work with a good level of organisation. It will also require a high level of co-operation with the sales team as well as customers and good communication skills are essential. Ideally the candidate must be familiar with business to business sales.
Job Title: Credit Controller
Salary: £24,000 per annum
Hours: 7.30am - 4.30pm
- Checking customer's credit and approving or denying applications based on company standards and requirements
- Setting up credit terms and conditions for new customers.
- Ensuring customers pay on time and chasing any overdue invoices
- Handling any queries on invoices and statements.
- Improving and implementing debt collection processes when there are any overdue invoices or payments, and initiate legal procedures if necessary
- Processing returns and credits including liaising with the goods in department.
- Processing of mail including the handling of customer cheques.
- Allocating and reconciling customer payments.
- Management of the main accounts email inbox
- Ability to work quickly and with confidence
- Able to act on own initiative when the situation demands
- Good management, leadership and team working skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise everyday workload and implement continuous improvements
- Basic IT skills, good knowledge and experience using Sage Line 50
- High level of accuracy and attention to details
- Can be relied upon to produce high quality work and complete tasks
- Aware of the needs of customers/suppliers and the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliable, honest and disciplined
- Good at time keeping and able to work under pressure
- Flexible and willing
This is an exciting permanent opportunity for someone who is looking to be a part of a vibrant company. If this is something that interests you apply now!
So if you don't want to miss your chance to apply, get in touch with Alex in our Head Office today!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.