Have you got a passion and an interest to make a better life for someone suffering with Dementia? Then this is the ideal role for you.
You will be working within a soothing and appeasing environment. Within this home the best practices are in place for all dementia residents and you will be responsible for supporting accordingly.
Job title:Healthcare Assistant - Dementia
Rate of pay:£9.00 - £13.00 per hour
The role of a Healthcare Assistant:
If you enjoy being busy but play a key part within a team focused setting then do not hesitate to apply now. You really will be enhancing a first class caring ambiance. Supporting and encouraging the residents activities, dining experiences and general well being. This will be agency based but a regular place to work if desired. In these unprecedented times the home would like consistency with staffing. PPE supplied.
- Personal Care & Personal Hygiene
- Dressing and undressing
- Supporting the need of the resident
- Prepare and support meal times
- Understand care plans
- Assist and encourage general day to day living as best as possible
- To be responsible for manual handling and safety of equipment if needed
- To maintain good communication and develop a great working relationship with residents and colleagues
- Assist with medication requirements
- Have good communication with family members
- TO ensure a safe environment for the residents is kept.
The requirements of a Healthcare Assistant:
- 6 months previous experience in this role
- A valid DBS
- A kind, caring and compassionate nature
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Jade from our Waltham Cross team!