Looking for a Supervisor role? We have a huge opportunity based with our prestigious client in Maulden. Do you think you're up for the challenge?
Swanstaff are pleased to be recruiting for a Depot Supervisor in Maulden, Bedfordshire. This is an extremely rare opportunity to work with a leading supplier to the horticultural and agricultural industry. Our client has a strong retention of staff within all of their sites.
Job Title: Depot Supervisor
Location: Maulden - Bedfordshire
Rate of Pay: £25,000 plus overtime
The Role of a Depot Supervisor:
The successful applicant will be reporting to the Manager and in their absence, be responsible for the smooth operation of both the depot and warehouse on a daily basis. You will be maintaining an extremely tidy warehouse under NSK conditions for storing chemicals. Leading 2 warehouse operatives and 2 administration staff, you will also be supporting the Company's drivers with both inbound deliveries from other sites and your own team of outbound delivery drivers.
Working within the agricultural calendar, peak time is between the middle of March and beginning of September. During these times, you will be accepting orders, management of stock control, building delivery routes, maintaining health and safety with within the warehouse environment to name just a few tasks! This does not mean that you will be quiet during off peak times but your focus will move to include training, stock turnover and planning for next season.
Requirements of a Depot Supervisor:
- Strong management skills.
- Able to act on own initiative with proven strong decision making skills.
- Minimum 1 year warehouse experience in a supervisory position.
- Counterbalance forklift licence and experience.
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills due to working with chemicals.
- Computer literate.
- Must be physically fit due to the nature of the warehouse work.
- Basic NSK Certificate advantageous although full training will be given to the right candidate.
- You will need to be of strong character but also able to listen to advice from Company Health and Safety Representatives and the Depot Supervisor.
In return you will receive:
- Family owned and run business that prides themselves on longevity of service.
- Opportunity to develop within the Depot.
- Hours of work 0800 to 1700 Monday to Friday with Saturday mornings and overtime during peak season (March to September)
- Permanent position.
- Uniform provided.
- Immediate start available.
- Shutdown between Christmas and New Year.
Are you interested in this role? Please apply online now or alternatively send your updated CV to email@example.com or call Kath on 01733 307640 for more information!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!