Our clientis looking for a talented Deputy Editor with outstanding editing experience to work across a number of its business-to-business titles and websites serving the built environment sector. Based at the Dartford offices , the role requires a minimum of two years' experience in publishing/journalism and would be ideal for a candidate looking for their next step up the editorial ladder.
To ensure regular monthly production of high-quality print titles that meet readers' needs and compete successfully in their market, as well as to maintain and build their online presence.
- Produce compelling, interesting and engaging content across the different brands
- Monitor industry news and produce feature ideas on a regular basis
- Plan and write articles in line with the different brands
- Edit copy and proof-read to a high standard
- Develop and maintain the magazines' online channels (website, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn) and weekly newsletter
- Develop and build a network of contacts favourable to the magazines
- Help to deliver the titles' associated events such as awards, exhibitions and conferences.
- Ensure the magazines are well represented at key industry events and maintain the positive view of the publication in the marketplace
- International travel for industry events and client entertainment may be required.
- Can demonstrate strong feature and news writing, interviewing, subbing and page layout using InDesign
- Be agile in writing about multiple topics and stories, where audience determines
- Excellent editing skills
- Is highly organised and able to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Top notch communication skills; able to build working relationships internally and externally
- A solid working knowledge of InDesign would be ideal
- Has a good knowledge of social media
- Willing to travel within the UK and internationally.
Successful applicants will receive benefits package, including generous pension scheme and a rewarding working environment.
Interested in this role? Apply online or get in touch withTom from our Dartford Perms Division.
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.