I am looking for an experienced Deputy manager that has worked in a Children's Home. My client is a therapeutic service that works with children and their families in a real team environment. The key aim is to ensure the care and development of the children is at the forefront of everything you do.
You will be supporting and mentoring the team that you are working with. Whilst assisting and supporting the registered manager in all areas required.
Job title: Deputy Manager
Rate of pay: £25,000 per annum
The role of a Deputy Manager:
- Key player co-ordinating and organising the development for the children within the home.
- To advocate the code of practice working in partnership with the children and their families and other staff within the organisation.
- Administer effective leadership implementing organised strategies.
- Support and encourage team development and promote an effective team working relationship.
- Support the children to participate in taking responsibility in duties delegated to them.
- Develop a responsible attitude with the children with all living arrangements and caring for all amenities and furnishings.
- Demonstrate both sensitivity and appropriate assertiveness whilst working in a pressure demanding environment.
- To organise and accompany the young people on any outdoor activities when required.
The requirements of a Deputy Manager:
- A minimum of 1 years previous experience within a residential setting as a deputy or team lead role
- Experience working and supporting children in care
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to be required for on call in urgent circumstances
- Diploma of Higher education
- Level 3 residential childcare
- 2 years residential
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Jade Wise on 01992 641987 for more information!