Swanstaff Recruitment are currently recruiting for a dispatch supervisor with a counterbalance forklift licence, to start immediately for a private client.
Job Title: Dispatch Supervisor
Rate of Pay: £24,960 per annum
We currently have a vacancy for the 2pm to 10pm (Monday to Friday) shift.
You will be part of a management team, for a department that work 5 days per week, split over 3 shifts.
Duties for the role will include:
- Ensuring that the trucks on site are in a safe condition and all pre drive checks have been carried out and recorded for your team;
- Responsible for unloading & loading of HGV’s from both the clients fleet and 3rd party contractors.
- Ensuring all vehicles are loaded and strapped in a safe and secure manor
- Arranging shift cover for your shift;
- Ensuring the yard and vehicle flow are organised to maximise productivity
- Supervising the forktruck driver (s) within your shift and ensuring they are working efficiently and in keeping with all company policies and guidelines
- Supervising the HVG shunter driver within your shift and ensuring they are working efficiently and in keeping with all company policies and guidelines
- Liaising with other production sites to minimise delays and maximise productivity
- Work & communicate with key stakeholders within the business where necessary.
- Liaising with Transport Manager & Dispatch Manager with any issues.
- Providing a clear handover to the next shift.
- Responsible for managing vehicle movement within the yard.
- Responsible for any computer/ administrative work within your shift
- Ensuring that yourself and your team and proactive & fully compliant with all areas of H&S regulations.
- Responsible for quality control for products coming in and out of the site.
- Any other duties as authorised and necessitated by the needs of the business.
Full training will be given to the successful candidate, however, to apply for this role you MUST have ALL the key attributes described below:
- counterbalance forklift license is essential (please do not apply if you are not qualified for this position);
- previous forklift experience;
- Previous experience managing other personnel;
- Able to speak English (to a good standard);
- Physically fit;
- Filling to work shifts;
- Willing to learn;
- Temp to Perm position
- £12.00 PH + holiday pay
- Excellent rates of pay
- Refer a friend scheme *T&C’s apply*
- Friendly and helpful team 24 hours a day
- Paid annual leave
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.