Our client is offering the exciting opportunity for a Supervisor Forklift Driver to join our leading corrugated cardboard manufacturing firm based in Northfleet.
We aim to maximise employee potential and aspire to be recognised as an industry leader that exceeds customer expectations.
We currently have a vacancy for our 2pm to 10pm (Monday to Friday) shift. Ideally you will hold a shunters licence already, but if not then must be willing to train to achieve this.
The right candidate will be an experienced Fork-Lift Driver with supervisory experience and a Counterbalance forklift licence who is a proactive, hardworking, dedicated and reliable individual who is flexible and willing to learn and take on new skills.
You will be part of a management team, for a department that work 5 days per week, split over 3 shifts. You will need to be able to work effectively with the other shift leaders & key stakeholders from other departments within the business to ensure maximum productivity for the business.
You will need a flexible attitude towards weekend working/ overtime to meeting the changing needs of the business.
Duties for the role will include:
- Ensuring that the trucks on site are in a safe condition and all pre drive checks have been carried out and recorded for your team;
- Responsible for unloading & loading of HGV’s from both our own fleet and 3rd party
- Ensuring all vehicles are loaded and strapped in a safe and secure manor
- Arranging shift cover for your shift;
- Ensuring the yard and vehicle flow are organised to maximise productivity
- Supervising the forktruck driver (s) within your shift and ensuring they are working efficiently and in keeping with all company policies and guidelines
- Supervising the HVG shunter driver within your shift and ensuring they are working efficiently and in keeping with all company policies and guidelines
- Liaising with our Thames works production site to minimise delays and maximise productivity
- Work & communicate with key stakeholders within the business where necessary.
- Liaising with Transport Manager & Dispatch manager with any issues.
- Providing a clear handover to the next shift.
- Responsible for managing vehicle movement within the yard.
- Responsible for any computer/ administrative work within your shift
- Ensuring that yourself and your team and proactive & fully compliant with all areas of H&S including regulations.
- Responsible for quality control for products coming in and out of the site.
- Any other duties as authorised and necessitated by the needs of the business.
Full training will be given to the successful candidate, however, to apply for this role you MUST have ALL the key attributes described below:
- counterbalance forklift license is essential (please do not apply if you are not qualified for this position);
- previous forklift experience;
- Previous experience managing other personnel;
- Able to speak English (to a good standard);
- Physically fit;
- Filling to work shifts;
- Willing to learn;
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Charlotte Collier-Knox!