Domiciliary (1.1) Support Worker
This Care Service involves a programme of personal care and household care management that is personalised for everyone in the form of a Care Support Plan. Care duties will therefore include assisting the individual with a variety of care needs within their duties. In doing so the Support Worker will observe and respect the individual’s dignity, privacy and independence as far as is practically possible.
General Scope of the Position:
To attend to the physical, emotional and social needs of the person requiring our support under the direction of the management or those appointed to Lead or Supervise.
All aspects of physical care, including working as a team but with the capability of working unsupervised.
- Act as a first-line Support Worker to individuals, ensuring their needs are met. This includes contributing to maintain a separate file record for each individual and to participate in the formulation and implementation of individual Care Support Plans. (This may involve some shopping which must be documented on an Expenditure Sheet), but Support Workers would not be expected to become further involved in the financial affairs of individuals unless directed by the managementor those appointed to Lead or Supervise to whom they are accountable to.
- Assist the management or those appointed to Lead or Supervise in the administration of medication or applying higher levels of care with appropriate training.
- Participate in Assessments and Reviews whilst contributing to good written and verbal communication while respecting the individual’s confidentiality and choice.
- Observe individuals wishes regarding patterns of daily living.
- Foster good community relationships with family, professionals and public.
- Undertake training when and as required to do so.
- Understand responsibilities in relation to Health & Safety, Food Hygiene, Fire Precautions & Emergency Procedures, Infection Control and Emergency Aid.
- Attend Staff meetings, support colleagues, work as a team for the benefit and wellbeing of the individual who requires support and for the company.
- Other tasks within the scope of the post as requested by the managementor those appointed to Lead or Supervise.
In Addition to the above, there are some general requirements that apply to all:
- Participation in Staff meetings
- Participation in all Training
- Participation in Staff supervision and Personal development reviews.
- Participation in Quality Assurance systems.
- Taking responsibility for personal development by keeping abreast of developments in the field of care for Older People and People with a Learning Difficulty.
- Pension Contribution
- 28 Days Annual Leave
- Full Support to Progress within the Company
This high-paid, stable position will be filled quickly, so if you don’t want to miss your chance to apply for this opportunity, get in touch with Thomas in Head Office for more details!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.