Transport Clerks, Planners and Allocators! As we enter 2020 I am looking to beat the January blues with a hot new role that I have available.
If you are an expert Driver Allocator or have experience in building and allocating costs-effective routes for HGV Drivers then I need to hear from you today! I am currently supporting a market-leading organisation in recruiting for a Driver Allocator who is eager to branch away from dead-end duties into a role that offers genuine career opportunities and development!
This is a Monday - Friday role, however my perfect candidate will be able to work flexibly between the hours of 7am - 6pm.
Job Title: Driver Allocator
Salary: £20,000 - £22,500 per annum
The Role of a Driver Allocator
- Co-ordinating the most efficient use of drivers within the wider team in order to achieve total driver utilisation
- Maximising driver available hours whilst staying, at all times, within drivers hours legislation
- Monitoring and managing driver performance against expectations and challenge inefficiencies or poor practices
- Observing driver adherence to best practice through the use of internal vehicle tracking systems
- Highlighting any productivity concerns to the Allocation Team Leaders
- Updating the Helpdesk team on any likely failed or late deliveries/collections
- Co-ordinating with the handling agent at collection delivery points to resolve any issues to minimise driver delays
- Ensure daily communication with drivers takes place to confirm workload expectations and achievement timescales
- Planning all drivers workloads and ensuring scheduled maintenance is met in line with company requirements
- Routing the drivers in a way that minimises any empty mileage
Requirements of a Driver Allocator:
- Proficient user of Excel, Word, and experience in the use of a Traffic Planning System.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to problem solve
- Experience in the use of Isotrak.
- Previous experience in an Allocation, Driver Liaison or Traffic Planning Role.
- Good knowledge of U.K geography.
- A good understanding of U.K Driver working time legislation.
If you are looking for the next step in your career and want to continue into 2020 with a brand new role, then get in touch with Gareth in our Head Office. These roles will be filled quickly so get in touch today if you don't want to miss out!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company