Calling all Site Operatives….Are you looking for a long term and stable career with a market leader in the Metal Recyclingindustry? If so, I have the job for you.
Swanstaff Recruitment are delighted to be supporting our client in their search for a permanent and full time ELV Site Operative (end of life vehicle)!
Job Title: Site Operative
Location: Canning Town
Taking on the role of site operative means you will be responsible for handling and processing End of Life vehicles safely and compliantly whilst providing excellent customer service and managing stocks efficiently.
- ELV operatives will need to be fully trained in all aspects of ELV operations including FLT licence, small tools and vehicle depollution.
- The ELV operative will greet customers at the ELV drop off areas and inspect the vehicles.
- Inspection of vehicles to assess if they need de-polluting and will check to confirm if the vehicle is complete to inform pricing.
- Perform out turns on each vehicle confirming what has been removed using the mobile device provided.
- Store all commodities removed from vehicles in the correct manner including:
-Batteries in battery boxes
- Wheels stacked on pallets and shrink wrapped once a full pallet completed
- Cats with barcode stickers added and placed in secure storage.
- Weigh out batteries, wheels and Cats on a regular basis as sales are despatched.
- Achieve daily targets on the number of vehicles per day to be depolluted.
- Carry out accurate valuations of catalytic converters with training to be provided.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards so that the ELV building and surrounding areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Play an active part in depot safety performance through being a safety leader on-site.
- Identify, report and deal with hazards. Challenge unsafe behaviours and ensure compliance with all the relevantSOP’s.
- Forklift operation experience is preffered.
- The ability to demonstrate excellent team working relationships, fostering an environment based on trust and mutual respect.
- Experiences within the motor industry is also beneficial.
Does this sound like the type of role you would be interested in? If so, please get in touch with Gareth or Billy in our head office today.
These roles will be filled quickly so get in touch today if you don’t want to miss out!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company