Estimator - Up to £65k - Orpington
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Estimator to work with a reputable construction & refurbishment contractor. My client is looking for an Estimator to specialise within the Facades and cladding sector to work on residential and commercial refurbishment projects. Typical projects will include Rainscreen Cladding, External Wall Insulation, Roofing Systems, Curtain Wall Glazing, Windows & Doors and much more.
As an Estimator, you will support the Head of Facades & Cladding in tendering for new projects. While working closely with and coordinating input from the relevant disciplines involved with a tender submission. While undertaking all duties as an Estimator producing high quality and accurate commercial proposals in the various formats as required. Typical projects will range from £0.5m - £5m.
Job Title: Estimator
Location: Bromley, London
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 + Package
The role of a Construction Manager:
- Meet deadlines for prescribed delivery dates, with good attention to detail and be able to deliver high quality accurate work, often to tight deadlines.
- Producing take offs, bill of quantities and labour hours
- Estimating on various new build commercial and residential projects mainly within London and the South East
- Manage the overall tender estimating process in a timely and efficient manner ensuring clear communication to internal contributors and external consultants at every stage of the process.
- Progressively liaise with the tender contributors (e.g. Director, Construction Director, Contracts Manager, Pre-Construction Manager, Technical Bid Writer, Technical Services Manager, Planner, Commercial Director, Bid Editor and Marketing Manager) to ensure that completed elements of the submission are drawn together which accurately reflect the tender brief and overall submission content.
The requirements of a Construction Manager:
- Previous experience in estimating for facades and cladding projects
- 3-5 years experience working as an Estimator within a similar sector
- An effective communicator with all members of staff; a team player. You must have excellent interpersonal skills; maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients and suppliers and have a personable character
- Be highly organised, with excellent time management skills, with flexibility and commitment to meet time deadlines on a range of projects.
- Have good attention to detail and a commitment to quality, command high standards of arithmetical ability with good written English and grammar.
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please give Marco a call on 07885975238 for more information!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.