Swanstaff Recruitment is an award winning agency working on behalf of its prestigious client in pharmaceutical events sector whois currently looking for an Events Business Development Manager.The role is full time, permanent and offering an excellent salary package and the autonomy to travel across the UK .
This is a chance for someone driven and ambitious to become part of a very diverse and fun industry, with strong prospects for a long-term career within a successful organisation.
Purpose of the job:
- As an Events Business Development Manager you will be targeted with developing and managing new and existing accounts.
- The role involves a high level of networking, attending industry functions & exhibitions, presenting to new potential partners & managing existing partners, all in the interest of generating new business.
- This is a very people focused role that would suit someone with great social and communications skills, with the ability to open doors to new opportunities. You must have a very upbeat likeable personalty, but still with a professional head and the ability to manage accounts from their embryonic phase to becoming regular revenue channels.
- Managing and developing revenue from dedicated venue
- Generate leads and enquiries
- Generate new channels of business via current partners and create new opportunities
- Maintaining lasting relationships with your clients to secure long term profitable accounts
- Attend industry networking events to seek out new opportunities and contacts.
- Stand out from the crowd, and not be afraid to use your personality and skills to entertain new prospects.
- Manage the sales cycle for leads generated from channel partners.
- Create bespoke event solutions to suit the client's needs..
- Pro-actively generate client meetings & presentations
- 'Pitch' to clients in a creative way
- Attend industry networking events in order to generate new contacts and new relationships with potential future clients.
To join the company you will need:
- Knowledge or experience of corporate events industry
- Previous experience of business development within and events agency or venue.
- Sales skills - specifically relationship sales, account management or business development.
- Minimum 3 years in event sales/commercial
- Digital experience
- Previous experience working within either a medical or educational communications agency, or pharmaceutical events team
- Familiar with managing digital projects
- Database knowledge
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- An understanding of Zinc or other similar pharma industry approval process
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Min. 2-3 years' experience working within a team environment :
- Database knowledge
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organised with ability to prioritise competing workloads
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities
- A self-starter, with the ability to use initiative
- Good time management skills
- Calm disposition, able to work under pressure
- Acute attention to detail
- Adaptable and a quick learner
- Additional event or project management qualification
- Successful applicants will receive benefits package, including generous pension scheme, free car park and rewarding working environment.
- Fully trained in the ABPI code of practice
- Good knowledge of UK venues and hotels
Apply now or call Tom Kurczab in our Dartford branch!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.