Are you looking for a new office role? Do you have PA experience? Take a look at this huge opportunity we have with our prestigious client in the Ipswich area!
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Hours: 37 hours per week
We are currently seeking an Executive Assistant to provide highly focused, confidential and effective PA support at a senior level to Directors and Assistant Directors of a local government run organisation. Reporting to the Chief Executive and PA Team Leader the role is full time (37 hours per week) and based in Ipswich working as part of a PA Team collectively providing support and assistance to the wider management team.
Responsibilities of an Executive Assistant:
- To be proactive in supporting Directors to succeed in the full remit of their role
- Dealing with complex enquiries.
- Dealing sensitively and appropriately with correspondence and information of a sensitive or confidential nature
- Maintain realistic, efficient and manageable electronic diaries.
- Opening, analysing and prioritising all incoming correspondence.
- Arrange member briefing sessions and events, organising venues and associated requirements.
- Arrange and attend meetings to discuss agenda planning, compile and circulate agendas.
- Attend meetings to ensure smooth running of the event and distribute presentations, notes following the meeting.
- Work effectively with colleagues to provide support and assistance where necessary, to cover holiday/sickness absence and to work together to ensure cover within the office is maintained.
- Organise and attend a range of different meetings to take minutes.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations; excel spreadsheets and all other documentation requested.
- Receive visitors in person and be the first point of contact on the telephone, filtering calls, taking messages and passing on information as appropriate.
- Project work as required.
- Act as a link with a wide range of internal and external contacts e.g. MP's, Government departments, and other local authorities, outside bodies, national organisations and members of the public.
- Deal with news media in the absence of the Director following the appropriate procedures and liaising with the Communications team.
- Maintain a professional attitude towards other Officers, Councillors, customers and external organisations at all times.
- Day to day management of specific processes and procedures including administrative, financial, IT and HR.
- Delegate tasks to senior officers on behalf of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues on corporate and cross boundary initiatives.
Skill Requirements of an Executive Assistant:
- Sound problem solving skills - both proposing potential solutions and helping others to reach solutions.
- Excellent planning skills
- Proven ability to work on own initiative to plan, prioritise and manage conflicting deadlines and priorities with minimal supervision in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to understand, recognise, monitor and escalate risks at corporate, programme or project level.
- Proven experience of providing administrative support at a senior level.
- Experience in supporting complex projects involving a number of partners, internal and external.
- Proven ability to be flexible in approach, to work with a wide range of roles and types of people at any level of seniority.
- Experience of managing competing deadlines from more than one Director with the ability to effectively prioritise in light of known services challenges and priorities.
- A confident communicator who can convey both simple and complex information with a wide range of audiences, both internally and externally.
- Delegation skills to prioritise and manage workloads effectively.
- Confidential and Professional manner.
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call the Ipswich branch on 01473 558443 for more information!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.