Are you an experienced Childrens Home Manager who would love to have a hand in setting up a brand new home and be involved in recruiting their whole staff team from scratch?
If so we are currently recruiting for a Childrens Home Manager based in Peterborough. The home will offer residential care for up to 2 children of any gender aged 8-17, with learning disabilities and behavioural issues.
The Role of the Manager
We are looking for someone who has the experience of setting up a young persons home from scratch:
The Registered Manager will be responsible for implementing all policies and procedures, liaising with Ofsted regards registration and managing all aspects of running the home's placements, whilst ensuring young people are supported and prepared to move on to independent living.
The Registered Manager will ensure that high levels of emotional and physical care, appropriate activities, comfortable accommodation and the service of link working are planned, provided and applied in accordance with home's procedures and strategies.
Being involved from the beginning means the Registered Manager has the ability to stamp their mark on how care is delivered and the home is run. They will also be supported by the Director in every way to achieve the best possible standard of care in the home.
Main responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for the day to day running of the home.
- Responsible for the management, coordination and development of a range of quality services for young people referred and/or accommodated within the home.
- Promote the practice of working in partnership with young people, their families, other staff within the care home, and other agencies, in order to meet the needs of young people.
- Providing professional support, guidance and supervision to staff To ensure that sufficient backup resources are available in emergency/out of hours situations including participation in an out of hours 'On-Call' and waking nights rotas.
- Actively participate in recruitment, grievance, disciplinary, health and safety and other staffing matters with support from the Director.
- To ensure that staff training and development needs are identified and ensuring that those needs are met. To assist in training staff as required.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety Regulations are complied with in accordance with policies, procedures and practices.
- Ensure that effective finance budgets, control, administration and records comply with expectations and procedures.
- Promote and implement the companies Equality and Diversity policies and procedures.
Registered Children Home Manager Minimum Requirements:
- NVQ Level 5 in Childcare or Equivalent or Level 4/5 diploma in Leadership and management for Residential care or NVQ 4/5 Leadership and Management for residential care.
- Knowledge and experience of Child Care legislation, Ofsted regulations and Quality Standards and Children's Home Regulations 2015
- At least 2 years experience working in a children's Residential setting.
- 2 years experience in a managerial role.
- Full driving license
- Have an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS and references.
- Knowledge of working with OFSTED and achieving good or outstanding gradings.
- Good knowledge of Safeguarding children at risk.
- Experience in managing local authority contracts
- Computer literacy.
- Experience in completing risk assessments.
- Excellent communication and organisational skill.
- A team player
- Salary £32 - 36k per annum.
- Contributory pension
The recruitment process aims to create and maintain a safe workforce and contains robust vetting procedures. The successful applicants will be appointed subject to references, enhanced DBS and screening.