Swanstaff Swanley are currently recruiting experienced family support workers on behalf of our client in the Bromley area. We are looking for dedicated individuals who have experience in working closely with families to support their vulnerable children and households. The children will all have unique individual needs depending on their diagnosis and interests. Each case is assessed before we receive it and a full hand over will be given to staff prior to any support that starts.
Job title:Family Support Worker
Rate of pay:£9.00 - £13.00 per hour
The Role of a Family Support Worker:
- Working to support vulnerable children in or around their own homes
- Working alongside family members to help them support the needs of their child/children
- Assisting with any tasks the care plan sets out, this can be anything from a walk in the park, playing at home, going to the cinema, going swimming or assistance with personal care. Many more activities may also be listed
- You will be required to write a report after each visit
- We receive ongoing hours for different support packages, these can range from 4 – 48 hours per week
Requirements of a support worker:
- A minimum of 6 months experience in a role similar to this – references will need to be obtained
- A flexible availability, some support will need to be at weekends
- PEG / gastrostomy care training, this will include feeds & flushes
- Hickman Line Care training – is preferred but not essential
- Understanding of inhalers
- Trained in administering medication
- Physically able to support with safe moving and handling
- To be flexible in which activities you undertake with any vulnerable person
- Epilepsy training
Please note we may be asked for further experience that isn’t listed above, so please send over any other training certificates you may hold.
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please get in touch with Vicki from our Swanley team!