Our client is looking for a dynamic and energetic Finance Controller or Finance Director to join a fast growing, award winning company. Your purpose is to ensure that standard operating procedures for all accounting and bookkeeping functions are maintained in a manner that ensures the business maintains a profile of sound financial management that supports the building of sound supplier and customer relationships throughout the industry.
Job Title: Finance Controller/Finance Director
Salary: £40-50,000 per annum depending on experience plus excellent benefits
Hours: 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
The responsibilities of a Finance Controller/Director:
- Strategic Planning - creation of Risk Management Strategy, Internal Control Strategy and Financial Plan including Cash Flow, Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss
- Functional Management - responsible for all HMRC submissions, Accounts Receivable & Payable and support Payroll and Pension requirements as necessary
- Accounting - Manage Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Reconciliation of all Bank Accounts, Cash Management and Month end close process
- Management Reporting - responsible for the provision of sound and timely Management Reports, Financial Statements
- Financial Analysis - will develop action plans, maintain performance measures and operational reporting packages
- Budgeting/Forecasting - will facilitate the budget process - accountability & scheduling, prepare budgets & forecasts and project cash flows
- Internal Controls/Audit - take responsibility for the design, review and maintenance of policies & procedures and internal control systems. Will also manage auditor relationships
- Contracts/Outsourced Functions - manage outsourced functions, ensure that insurance coverage is suitable and maintained and have responsibility for maintain good banking relationships
Technical or special knowledge required:
- Recognised accounting qualification ideally ACCA
- Integrity, honesty and understanding of data privacy standards
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Thorough understanding of business principles and practices
- Planning skills
- Problem-solving skills and analytical skills
- Highly analytical and investigative skills are essential
- Excellent organization, presentation and written communication skills with excellent / obsessive attention to detail
- Expert user of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Competent user of IT and other software packages
- Experience of building relationships maintaining a network of contacts at all levels
- Have real commercial acumen and a focus on financial issues
- Be an outstanding communicator
This role will be filled quickly! So if you don't want to miss your chance to apply, get in touch with Alex in our Head Office today!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.