If you are looking to branch away from dead-end career paths, into an exciting and vastly-expanding business, then I need to hear from you today! I am working with a long standing client of mine, one of the worlds largest freight forwarding companies, in seeking a personable and self-motivated Freight Forwarderto join their team on a permanent full time basis!
Job Title: Freight Forwarder
Salary: £25,000 - £32,000 Per annum
- Planning the most appropriate route for shipments, taking into account the nature of the goods, cost, transit time and security.
- Process all export requests from client or line manager.
- Ensure ongoing communication with client throughout each export requirement.
- Monitor "door to door" exports travel until successful delivery is made within the timeline specified.
- Produce quote when require, ensuring the best solution/options are provided to the client.
- Provide support to colleague in the team to ensure timely close out of all jobs.
- Process customs declarations through ASM Sequoia software in accordance with instructions and HMRC Compliance.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of HM Revenue & Customs regulations.
- Adhere to desination specific documentation requirements.
What are we looking for?
- Air Freight import and export forwarding – min 2 years
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experienced in handling Dangerous Goods
- Comprehensive understanding of import / export regimes and understanding of Customs Procedures
- Comprehensive understanding of ASM Sequoia and CHIEF
- Familiar with Lloyds Loading List, OAG Flight Guide and Cargo Office
- Excellent Microsoft skills, in particular Excel
- Good oral and communication skills
- Good organisational skills and an ability to react to suit operational demands, must be able to organise time effectively and prioritise tasks to cope with fluctuating workloads
- High level of accuracy in checking and processing information
- Ability to form good relationships, with clients, colleagues and vendors
- Able to work using own initiative, and as part of a team
What can we offer you?
- 33 days holiday per year
- Pension contributions
- Life Assurance
- Cash back Health scheme.
If you are looking for the next step in your career and want to head towards summerwith a brand new role, then get in touch with Gareth or Billyin our Head Office. These roles will be filled quickly so get in touch today if you don’t want to miss out!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company