HGV Class 2 Drivers!
If you are looking to branch away from dead-end career paths, into an exciting and vastly-expanding business, then I need to hear from you today! I am working with a long standing client of mine, in seeking a personable and self-motivated HGV Class 2 Driverto join their team on a permanent full time basis!
Job Title: HGV Class 2 Driver
Salary: £40,000per annum
The Driver is responsible for ensuring the safe and timely delivery of fresh oil and the collection of used cooking oil. As the customer facing representative of the businessthe Driver is responsible for ensuring a positive experience for the customer which protects and reinforces the companybrand at all times.
- HEALTH & SAFETY – Responsible for performing all duties in a safe manner. Ensuring awareness of the potential hazards and their wider environment at all times. Responsible for undertaking a review of safety at each customer premises before moving any items to ensure this is done in a way which safeguards safety and wellbeing. Ensure all incidents including near misses, hazards and accidents are reported in line with company procedures.
- DRIVING – At all times drive with full regard to the law and to road safety. Remain aware of your surroundings at all times. Ensure a constant priority for your own and other peoples safety.
- VEHICLE – Undertake daily vehicle checks. Ensure the vehicle is kept clean at all times, including the cab.
- DELIVERY & COLLECTION – Deliver and collect oil on a daily round to designated customers. This will include approximately 25-30 stops per day. Delivering and collecting oil in a variety of containers, from 20L’s up to and including 200L drums.
- ADMINISTRATION & CASH HANDLING – Obtain signatures for delivery and collection at all locations. Calculate required payments and rebates for cash on delivery customers and obtain payment. Ensure any cash is stored in the vehicle safe at all times.
- CUSTOMER SERVICES – Ensure a high standard of customer service at all times. Deliver or return items to the customers preferred location wherever this can be done safely. Identify potential new customers or opportunities to sell additional services to existing customers, and report these to the customer services team at the local depot.
- CUSTOMER RETENTION – Assist the organisation with retaining existing customers by noting any competitor activity and sharing this with the customer services team.
- COMPLIANCE – Responsible for maintaining the relevant CPC qualification where appropriate.
- Experience in the waste industry desirable
- Experience in a multi drop, delivery role preferred.
- Numerate and literate, able to calculate cash payments and complete paperwork accurately
- Customer-facing experience.
- driving licence required without any DR10 or IN10 (or equivalent) licence offence codes and with no more than 6 points
- Digital Tacho card required
- CPC desirable
- Strong safety mind-set.
- Excellent communication skills
- Physically fit and able to carry weights in excess of 20kgs
- Team player but enjoys working alone on a daily basis
- Flexible with willingness to ‘get stuck in’.
- A HGV Class 2 (CAT C) licence is essential.
If you are looking for the next step in your career and want to continue into summerwith a brand new role, then get in touch with Billyin our Head Office. These roles will be filled quickly so get in touch today if you don’t want to miss out!