HGV Fitters, Technicians and Mechanics! As the weather becomes warmer, allow me to heat up your job prospects with a hot new role that I have available in the Witney area! If you are seeking a challenging role where you are treated as an individual then I need to hear from you today!
If you have experience in the repair, maintenance and servicing of HGV's up to Class 1's in the commercial sector, and have a full HGV Class 1 Licence then you are the candidate I need!
This is a 4 on/4 off shift pattern meaning you only work for half of the year! You will be working on a night shift basis, 18.00 - 06.00 - this is a definitely a role that offers a work/life balance.
Job Title: HGV Mechanic (nights)
Salary: £32,850 - £34,710 per annum + bonus
The role of a HGV Mechanic:
- Test drive vehicles and test components and systems using equipment such as infrared engine analysers, compression gauges and computerized diagnostics devices
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions
- Repair, reline, replace and adjust breaks
- Follow checklists to ensure all important parts are examined
- Liaise with customers to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, to discuss work to be performed and identify future repair requirements
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications and tune-ups
- Repair and service air conditioning, heating, engine-cooling and electrical systems
- Test and adjust repaired syst4ems to meet manufacturers performance specifications
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisors
- Repair and rebuild faulty assemblies such as power systems, steering systems and linkages
Requirements of a HGV Mechanic:
- Experience in a similar role is essential
- HGV Class 1 Licence is essential
- Must be NVQ Level 3 qualified or equivalent
- Must be able to commit to night shift pattern
- Experience in the use of diagnostic equipment is required
- Good communication skills
- Flexible approach to overtime requirements
If you're looking for a brand new role and want to head towards the summer with a brand new role, get in touch with Emily in our Head Office on 01322 479999 or email her an updated CV via Emily.email@example.com for more details!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search? Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company