HGV Mechanics and Technicians! As we head towards 2019 I am looking to spread some festive cheer (yes, already) with a hot new role that I have available in the Sittingbourne area.
Job Title: HGV Mechanic
Salary: £13.50 per hour (negotiable)
If you're an experienced and dedicated Mechanic with a background in repairing HGV vehicles then I need to hear from you today! This is an exciting opportunity to work for a vastly expanding business that has a proven track-record of internal promotions. Hate being workshop based?
Fear not! This role offers covered areas that allows you to work as part of a team right on site!
This role is offering a variety of shift patterns including 5 on/3 off or 4 on/4 off however there is flexibility surrounding this for the right candidate. Working hours are 6.00am - 5.30pm.
The Role of a HGV Mechanic:
- Undertake welding, fabrication, mechanical, inspection or machining work as required
- Carry out and document Health and Safety checks as expected of the role
- Conduct initial assessment of plant or equipment reported as faulty, identify root cause and formulate a remedy as either a temporary fix or full service repair
- Ensure that repairs are undertaken in line with approved methods
- Some repair and engineering work will be conducted in the workplace (roadside, field, on site or as required) therefore lone working practices may be engaged
- Complete personal risk assessments and method statements
- Ensure that workshop equipment is kept clean, tidy and serviceable
- Ensure that paperwork is kept up-to-date, including allocating purchase orders to parts ordered
Requirements of a HGV Mechanic:
- Experience in a similar role is essential
- Valid and relevant qualifications to the job role
- Flexible approach to shift patterns and long working hours
- Must have good communication skills and a willingness to work across multiple teams
- Willing to work in covered areas rather than in a workshop
If you are looking for the next step in your career and want to head towards 2019, then get in touch with Emily in our Head Office. These roles will be filled quickly so get in touch today if you don't want to miss out!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.