The Company - National Waste Management company
The Group is a leading provider of integrated waste management services, offering Commercial, Construction and Industrial sustainable waste collection, recycling and disposal services, with Waste Transfer Stations operating in London, Kent and Somerset and a purpose built Material Recovery Facility offering a zero landfill option.
- Support Line Managers and staff in all HR-related queries.
- Administer HR-related documentation, such as SMT, pension correspondence etc.
- Manage and maintain Biometric absence management system.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection process including developing job descriptions, preparing job adverts, shortlisting applications and shadow interviewing.
- Undertake new staff inductions.
- Maintain employee files.
- Draft ad-hoc employee letters with direction from the SMT (Senior Management Team).
- Develop and implement policies on issues such as performance and absence management.
- Assist Line Managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation.
- Keep staff handbook up-to-date with legislation/regulation.
- Generate weekly and monthly reports for payroll purposes including external agencies.
- Administer payroll and maintain employee records.
- Assist Line Managers with Disciplinaries and Grievances.
- Analyse training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
- Organise relevant training.
- Attend and take minutes at monthly management meetings.
This is a permanent full time position 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday-Friday based at out London site in SE16.
Ideal candidate will have:
- CIPD qualification level 3 - working towards 5 is desirable
- Sage 50 Cloud Payroll experience (desirable)
- Working knowledge of GDPR
- Excellent time management skills
- Good IT Skills
- A Professional approach
- Friendly and able to speak to people from all walks of life
In return you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days paid holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Parking onsite (Next to Millwall!)