Junior Buyer (Residential New Build) - £35,000 - Surrey
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Buyer within the construction industry to work within a reputable residential developer based in Surrey. My client is one of the largest developers in the UK. They are a leading developer of premium homes and sustainable communities in affluent areas of southern England, the Midlands and Scotland.
The successful candidate will be responsible for procuring various construction materials through new and existing suppliers making sure to hit delivery deadlines.
Job Title: Buyer - New Build Residential
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
- Obtaining the most competitive prices from new and existing suppliers
- Providing prices for all materials included in project plans and drawings
- Material take-offs for bespoke products
- Work with both internal and external customers to maintain the balance between cost and site progress
- Identifying potential suppliers and new products
- Ensure efficient supply relationships ensuring quality service
- Agree pricing, delivery and quality standards
- Dealing effectively with challenges with suppliers and the flow of materials
- Input all orders onto internal systems
- Ensure all invoices are authorised in line with procedure and passed to relevant departments
- Experience working in a similar role - Construction Base
- New Build Residential Experience required preferably with a developer
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good IT skills (Word and Excel)
- Confident and outgoing
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Confident telephone manner
If you're interested in this role please apply online now or alternatively please give Marco a call on 01322 479999 for more information!
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.