Swanstaffare seeking a committed and enthusiastic Kitchen Assistant.You will be working for a private boarding school near Woodbridge, Suffolk.The school caters for ages 4 to 18. You will, therefore, require an enhanced disclosure check for this role.
The school believes that healthy eating plays a vital role in the success of their students, they have therefore invested heavily in offering a high-quality catering service that offers healthy, good value meals using fresh food. You will play a vital part in ensuring that the school fulfils its healthy eating promise.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 0900 - 1500 and you will be required to hold an Enhanced DBS dated within the last 12 months or on the DBS update service.
As a Kitchen Assistant you are essentially the engine room of the Kitchen, you keep everything moving and ensure the Chef's can fulfill their duties in a clean and hygienic environment.
General duties involved in the Kitchen Assistant role include:
- Ensure all food prep areas are clean and hygienic
- Washing utensils and ensuring they are stored correctly
- Sorting, Storing and Distributing Ingredients required by the Chef's
- Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and cooking foodstuffs and helping to prepare salads and desserts
- Disposing of rubbish
- Organising linen laundry
- Cleaning the food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas
For more information regarding this role or to talk about our other Chef roles please contact Penny on 01473 558443 or send your CV to email@example.com
Salary: £11 per hour.
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.